Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I'm just wondering what people think the end game is. Generally unification mean the lesser title goes away and is absorbed into the bigger title or the secondary title is vacated upon the champion winning the main title.

I can 100% see it going as another accoloade for Okada. I can also 100% see it as going all in on White. I can also see 100% kingmaking Ibushi. I can not see a scenario where Naito walks out with the titles :mjlol: Maybe that's the point and the Gedo's grand plan all along.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
If Naito was to leave for the E, it would be the most understandable shyt period. Dude would get treated like mid card trash, but at least he would be booked in the most logical way than whatever the fukk Gedo and Jado cooking up:francis:

He's someone I could actually see doing really well in AEW. I think they'd be less inclined to scrub out all of his character traits the way WWE would. Throw a bag at RUSH too, get your Ingobernables de US stable popping and eat off the Hot Topic merch cheques :ahh: Plus I think they could stand to have another star who's recognizeable - at least in wrestling circles, if not mainstream.

And there's also the possibility of 'Zero Fux: The Tag Team' with Orange Cassidy :banderas:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
What happens after someone unites the titles? Does the IC title go away? Does the champion defend both? Does the NEVER Championship become the secondary title? Does the winner vacate one of the titles, making the whole thing pointless?

They could either boost the US title or just have the winner hold both belts like Becky until it’s time to drop one.

From the promos given it sounds like Ibushi, Naito, and Jay just want to hold both titles at the time.

Apex

Banned
Daps
I'm just wondering what people think the end game is. Generally unification mean the lesser title goes away and is absorbed into the bigger title or the secondary title is vacated upon the champion winning the main title.

I can 100% see it going as another accoloade for Okada. I can also 100% see it as going all in on White. I can also see 100% kingmaking Ibushi. I can not see a scenario where Naito walks out with the titles :mjlol: Maybe that's the point and the Gedo's grand plan all along.
Quote my post next time son

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I honestly can see all four of them winning, that's why I think it's a good angle to have.

I don't think it matters 1 bit what happens after it in terms of when the belts are separated again. The point of this thing is selling as much tickets as possible for back to back Dome shows.

If by February the double champ loses 1 belt, who cares?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly can see all four of them winning, that's why I think it's a good angle to have.

I don't think it matters 1 bit what happens after it in terms of when the belts are separated again. The point of this thing is selling as much tickets as possible for back to back Dome shows.

If by February the double champ loses 1 belt, who cares?

Naito wins both belts.

Drops the IWGP belt at New Year Dash.

Gedo the Genius does it again. :wow:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thought this post on the NJPW sub was interesting considering the convo in here.

I get where they're coming from, but it ain't the same, really.

The tag titles kind've get tossed around, and are prone to disappearing for long stretches. For example, GoD been CHILLLIN from a New Japan viewpoint for most of the year.

Also, y'all know good and damn well New Japan doesn't give a single fukk about the Triple Crown. Basically, when Jay White-o wins both belts, Gedo gonna cut a promo in English saying he's top two, meaning one AND two :wow:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Wow, that's A LOT of "No" votes for such a big stip.

Thought this post on the NJPW sub was interesting considering the convo in here.

Not sure what your point is breh :patrice:

You gotta realize that, as Legal said, the tag straps mean very little in New Japan, that's been the case forever basically.

The Kojima situation was unique though, that is true. And the matches with Tenzan had backstory as both were tag partners and part of the "new" (lost) generation after the 3 Musketeers. But it was also in the dying days of Inokism, that double title match helped not only the February Sumo Hall show were Kojima won, but also the Tokyo Dome rematch in May, were Tenzan got the belt back. The other title defense, against "golden boy" Shinsuke Nakamura didn't do as well in March.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Daisuke Sekimoto & WALTER vs Yuji Okabayashi & Yuji Hino - BJW Ryogokutan 2019
(whole show is in XWT)

You read these four names in the same match and you kinda figure out what type of match is gonna be, and well, it's exactly that. 17 minutes of big dudes chopping each other to death, clashing against each other like freight trains and not stopping until the opponent is actually down. Loved the see WALTER as "just another big guy" in this, his size and power are of course a factor, but both Yujis did not hesitate when they got chopped and dished the same kind of punishment , it felt refreshing to see and made me want to watch Walter against both of them. Not a MOTYC but a very fukking fun tag match :obama:

Will catch the rest of the show eventually, schedule is crazy with having to go to the streets in these important days for my country. @Scottie Drippin is there a link for HARASHIMA vs Konosuke?

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Watched Walter in BJW and lol'd that much of the match was treating Walter like he wasn't shyt until he got mad and forced his way into making them take him seriously when he's the king shytkicker literally anywhere else in the world

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Watched Walter in BJW and lol'd that much of the match was treating Walter like he wasn't shyt until he got mad and forced his way into making them take him seriously when he's the king shytkicker literally anywhere else in the world

He gotta earn his spot in Strong BJ :ufdup: :dame:

The Hino sequence was awesome, dude treated Walter like he was just another heavyweight. Loved that dynamic throughout the tag.