Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
NJPW felt slighted by Kenny since they accommodated him and schedule.

I believed they changed the gameplan from the G1 to MSG because of Kenny leaving.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I love the G1, but god damn is it a lot of wrestling and it's hard to keep up with sometimes. :whew:

Ibushi winning has been long overdue considering he has tried to kill himself in the ring for the last 2 years. You can also tell who is really about that cardio life with this tourney :mjlol:

My mans Moxley looking straight up dejected by the end of it.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Yeah I mean trying to get the dude banned from the country is Vince tier petty fukkery, but NJPW has every reason to be supremely pissed at Kenny and the rest of the Elite.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Omega's 2019 has been pathetic. Think I might cook up a thread on it actually. What a fall from grace :hhh:

He went from being just a talent to being one of the EVP's of a brand new wrestling company with billionaire backing and a TV deal, that's pulling in a decent rating and getting a good amount of support from the network .

I mean - sure - he's not killing himself in fake matches for fake ratings from a fake journalist as much, but to call his year 'pathetic' is complete hyperbole

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
He went from being just a talent to being one of the EVP's of a brand new wrestling company with billionaire backing and a TV deal, that's pulling in a decent rating and getting a good amount of support from the network .

I mean - sure - he's not killing himself in fake matches for fake ratings from a fake journalist as much, but to call his year 'pathetic' is complete hyperbole

Pretty sure he is talking about as a performer, breh.

Outside of the ring, yeah Omega is hot shyt, but in-ring which is what a lot of people know him as? :gag:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps

Why not mention his wins online in Street Fighter too.

I don't care about none of that shyt.

He's been one of the best performers in wrestling this past few years but immediately after leaving New Japan has looked like a completely geek and been outshined by even Cody.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Omega got caught in a perfect storm of AJ Styles leaving when Gedo has a hard-on for a gaijin top guy, and Meltzer being a shameless mark for the man. His excellent in-ring chemistry with Okada notwithstanding (and the fact in-ring quality as a whole is just a lot higher in NJPW), those aspects helped make Omega look like a bigger deal than he ever really was.