Jay Z's Tidal music streaming service more than doubled its losses last year

Which media streaming service do you subscribe to?

• Total voters

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I'm not familiar with Google Music subscription. I am too lazy to google but tell us how it works and what is the quality of music/video?

Between Spotify, Youtube, and Amazon Prime, I didn't know there an unlimited supply of music. :blessed:
Google play has one good feature. You can upload your own music and stream it wherever you are. Basically a cloud. Anything else is better on all the other services It doesn't even have videos like Tidal.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Everyone is losing money with streaming except maybe Apple. That being said Spotify at least has some positive things going for them whereas Tidal doesn't. These exclusives aren't helping IMO. They need more content, something else beyond "hot album exclusive for 1 week."
They have concert tickets, meet and greets, documentaries, live streaming, etc. They are losing to Apple simply because of name brand and bank. How many Tidal commercials have you seen on TV?

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
if you get youtube red (commercial free youtube and it lets you listen to videos in the background), they thrown in google play for free, fyi

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll. So results prove Black folks bootleg music and don't support their artists since 44.2% said the internet is free. :troll:

The top subscription services were Spotify, Apple Music and Tidal. Pandora wasn't too far behind. I should have clarified paid subscription bc I know some of you squat on family member's accounts like Netflix :ufdup:.

humble forever

All Star
Daps
I actually agree with this..the days of actually selling music are almost gone...The only way in the future is going to be a patronage subscription type model direct from artist to fans..no more record labels

The record labels have used their political influence and rewritten copyright laws to try to prevent the inevitable but its only going to make the transition far more painful than it has to be.
The copyright laws right now have become so ridiculous impractical and unenforceable because theyre trying to do the impossible..save a business model that cant exist anymore
artist to fan is what most people would like. When i buy music all i think about, despite knowing it's not true, is paying the man (or woman) who made this music.

the catch is artists didn't create the device. they didn't make itunes.

who is going to make an awesome piece of software that manages your music. Apple has already done it. If apple brings in support for android, which they can if they ever start slipping, it will just be game over.

I respect jay for what he did and is doing. Streaming seems to be a long game that even the best haven't figured out. Best bet seems to be hold on, wait until shyt looks good and hand it off to another man to take on the responsibility of finding that ever elusive profit