Jeezy Believes He’d Be Where JAY-Z & Dr. Dre Are If He’d Gotten Into Business Earlier

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Dudes like Dre, Puff, Master P, Baby, Jay, Russell Simmons are products of the right place right time. They came along as rap was hitting its commercial stride, yet labels still needed normal dudes to connect to the streets and get at talent. Was a lot of labels, titles and big deals being given out in addition to them heading high selling projects. Even with all the other avenues to make money now, it’s no coincidence that aside from Drake and Kanye, that all the highest net worth dudes in hip hop was in or hit their prime 92-02. Even getting his shyt together earlier, I don’t think Jeezy would be on the same plane.

(Edit: apparently Berner is rich AF off marijuana :leon: )

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
The reason Steve Lobel told convinced Nipsey to cut off Big U illiterate ass

Unfortunately Nip didn’t finish cutting all the fat in time. Otherwise, somebody like shytty Cuz doesn’t even close enough to have a convo then turn around and do all of what he did.

Dr. Dre separated himself from Suge, the MOB, and Death Row for a reason…

Jay separated himself from Dame, Beans, Ye, etc. when they became reckless liabilities…

Consistently re-assessing your circle and surroundings is crucial to grow in business and/or survive in life, period.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Gay z would be Nelly if he didn't marry beyonce
Overstated. Beyoncé had nothing to do with him setting up his own label to push his music, nothing to do with the sale of Rocafella and Rocawear or him starting his journey with Ace of Spades. Those moves set the foundation for him as a business man.

Forlife44

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Overstated. Beyoncé had nothing to do with him setting up his own label to push his music, nothing to do with the sale of Rocafella and Rocawear or him starting his journey with Ace of Spades. Those moves set the foundation for him as a business man.
He would not be as relevant without Beyonce. I don't care what you say fluffyToes

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Like that one uncle that always say he would be Lamar Jackson level if he took practice seriously or didn’t blow out his knee back in high school.
My unc was ranked top 10 safety in the state with numerous offers. Committed to Missouri. Caught, and later beat an assault case just before he graduated HS. Colleges wanted nothing to do with him at that point :mjcry:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I feel like RZA should be commended and goes hella underrated when it comes to Hip Hop business moguls.

BEFORE Jay-Z & Masta P got their shyt poppin RZA was brokering deals that would lead to NINE other MC’s from the hood becoming millionaires and stars. RZA singlehandedly put on more successful artists than Jay-Z, Dre, P, and Nas in ONE GO

RZA is a true God amongst men and ya’ll nikkas gonna recognize.
Wu-Tang started the rapper clothing brand trend too, though I think that was more Power than RZA

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unfortunately Nip didn’t finish cutting all the fat in time. Otherwise, somebody like shytty Cuz doesn’t even close enough to have a convo then turn around and do all of what he did.

Dr. Dre separated himself from Suge, the MOB, and Death Row for a reason…

Jay separated himself from Dame, Beans, Ye, etc. when they became reckless liabilities…

Consistently re-assessing your circle and surroundings is crucial to grow in business and/or survive in life, period.
"If im not driving the boat im gonna crash it" shytty cuz

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tbh.
I feel like Jay was going to be Jay no matter what man.
Bro was buying multi-million dollar properties mid career.
He was never, ever going to be one of these rappers who spent himself broke.

If Rocawear failed, if the liquor failed, if....well you get the picture.

That dude was gonna figure it out.

You're a fukking hater to the core if you think someone stumbles into $2 billion because
of who their wife is.
:pachaha:
Either a hater or a goddamn moron.