Jeezy Believes He’d Be Where JAY-Z & Dr. Dre Are If He’d Gotten Into Business Earlier

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The thing with Jeezy is he, for the most part, got it really quickly, and hardly ever looked back, aside from one or two missteps. The shift in one year from 101 to 102 was almost jarring for fans, how he embraced self improvement and discipline and cut out all the drugs and drinking, got into shape. I remember people being a little thrown off. The Snowman was gone.

Compare him to someone like Gucci who took at least 6 years plus a federal sentence to straighten up.

Also, ironically in some ways, Jeezy's devotion to the kind of self improvement strikes me as almost classically American. Even that podcast title sounds like some self improvement guru talk.
Jeezy is a motivational speaker who raps. He was that from the jump. In another life he’d be a preacher, in another one he’d be host a television show, but it would all be the same. This is who he is.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
. He called me like, ‘What’s going on with the check I gave you?’ ‘I’ma keep it real with you I left it in some pants and I think it got faded and I don’t know where it’s at.'”

Jeezy confirmed the lucrative check was for a few million dollars but he didn’t need the cash at the time.
:comeon:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
He still talks like a scammer.

:unimpressed:if you a weak minded individual then you don't deserve to geaux to college. I listened to the same hood shyt records as them crash dummies did and unlike them...I wasn't fenna be on no chain gang in Angola...fukk that
One of the dumbest shyt I've read this month.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1914–1983
“You got to talk to John Plant over at Warner because he was the first person that gave me a check for publishing,” he explained on the Assets Over Liabilitiesshow. “I ain’t cash the check for like a year-and-a-half. He called me like, ‘What’s going on with the check I gave you?’ ‘I’ma keep it real with you I left it in some pants and I think it got faded and I don’t know where it’s at.'”

Jeezy confirmed the lucrative check was for a few million dollars but he didn’t need the cash at the time.

This tryhard shyt :mjlol: good to see he's matured.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
Honestly, I gained a new appreciation for Jeezy.

I can see that he's trying to change his life nowadays and not just doin it for show.

With that being said, Jeezy soaked up game from Jigga.

I always pictured Jeezy in a trap house eating Subway for breakfast and Fried Chicken for Dinner.
He ate subway every day to save money so u not far off

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah

Jay-z hitched his wagon to Beyoncé star…that’s a big part of why he maintained and was a “big name” for so long and able to profit off of that…along with his great business acumen. And Dre had Beats with Jimmy…he bumped into that and caked off crazy. These are both kinda outliers…circumstance type shh…I highly doubt Jeezy would stumble across them same one in a million opportunities, he doesn’t have the stock/name anyway to even get presented with certain shh, imo.

Def a hustler tho, and sharp as he’s matured, I respect boy

Daps
That upper echelon of reaching Hov/Dre levels in terms of wealth involves a lot of luck and sometimes the rarest of circumstances to connect at the same time.

For Dre, it was the ability to strike gold 4 times that almost never happens. Go from introducing Snoop to the world to then leaving Death Row with basically nothing, staying idle for 3 years, and then having Jimmy Iovine bring Eminem in the fold.... and only years later have Eminem bring 50 Cent into the fold. It just doesn't happen like that. Then you get Beats and the rest is history.

For Hov, he came into the game with a business mindframe. He knew about the business more than most hustlers did entering the business. Listening to some interviews around 96/97, the way he talks shows a modicum of business acumen that isn't there with everyone, even those that are moguls now. But it was also an era of moguls, whether it was Puff, Master P, Birdman, etc etc. Just a different time. Then you got Rocawear (there's a reason you haven't seen many clothing lines since the sale of Rocawear)... lot of things went right.

I think Jeezy's successful in his own regards. I just think that 9 figure net worth threshold is difficult to eclipse.