Jerry Seinfeld on Woke Left Killing Comedy: 'This is the Result of the Extreme Left and PC Crap'

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
All i see are people denying the obvious fact and getting upset by what he said instead of looking at it objectivel.

Of course theres non pc jokes on tv today. But sunny still being on tv proves nothing. it should he a way bigger show than it actually is. I dont even know what channel its on, its hidden on a second rate cable channel and isnt shown like nbc/cbs/abc shows. But that IS over. And yes they always had committees. But they OD on it now.

But to pretend like comedians dont get cancelled for jokes, or that people havent been affected is a lie.

Maybe its that jerry is the most pc comedian ever so him talking about it doesnt hit. I noticed certain comedians are jealous of his success and talk bad about him often. Always people who dont actually know him. Theres like sides to comedy, and jerry is on the “jewish” “intellegent comedy”, bill cosby, no cursing , clean TIGHT act side and then theres shyt like opie and anthony, rogan, ari shaffir, aka all wannabe bill hicks’. even that guy who does the show with charlemagne etc. None of them seem to like him or always bring up stuff they dont like about him.

All the big time comedians like chris rock, eddie murphy, chapelle, etc seem to fukk with him. But the lesser ones who never made it or had a stint in comedy always throw shade. Always. Jerrys just from a different era imo. Him being clean was like passe in the 90s to where he was the only one who “seemed” to do it and so he stood out by being the straight guy.

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

jerry.png

Did the Extreme Left Woke Authoritarians rewrite this script? :skip:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny thing is the Seinfeld show had some of the most tame inoffensive humor that I can remember.

What was so edgy about Everybody Loves Raymond?

What would Martin, Cheers or the Jeffersons get cancelled for?

Comedy doesn't have to be offensive to be comedy
Until you can point out someone doing comedy ‘the right way’ then this has no meaning. Because you aren’t really giving examples of things to counteract what bad comedy or socially unacceptable comedy is.

All your arguement boils down to “comedy was bad back then” and now that there aren’t a plethora of budding new comedians or comedic shows all the evidence points to what Jerry is saying. They killed the art form with moral grand standing.

It’s like if the NBA stopped allowing dunking because it resulted in too much long term injuries for the players. Yeah, the players are safer but interest in basketball would plummet
Seinfeld 's comedy in and of itself is the antithesis of everything he's bytching about.

You really think he'd be getting cancelled for the "What's the deal with potato salad?" type jokes he built his career off of?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Funny thing is the Seinfeld show had some of the most tame inoffensive humor that I can remember.

What was so edgy about Everybody Loves Raymond?

What would Martin, Cheers or the Jeffersons get cancelled for?

Comedy doesn't have to be offensive to be comedy

Seinfeld 's comedy in and of itself is the antithesis of everything he's bytching about.

You really think he'd be getting cancelled for the "What's the deal with potato salad?" type jokes he built his career off of?

Yes I’ve seen him make offensive jokes before.

In one of his stand ups he was going on about how chinese people haven’t got the picture about how the fork is better. And talking about how farmers aren’t out in the fields with chopsticks picking up hay

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes I’ve seen him make offensive jokes before.

In one of his stand ups he was going on about how chinese people haven’t got the picture about how the fork is better. And talking about how farmers aren’t out in the fields with chopsticks picking up hay
And yet in spite of this, he still had projects greenlit as late as this year??? You don't see the contradiction here?

Cacs swinging at ghosts and asking folks to check under their bed for the "woke" boogeyman

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And yet in spite of this, he still had projects greenlit as late as this year??? You don't see the contradiction here?

Cacs swinging at ghosts and asking folks to check under their bed for the "woke" boogeyman

this was 20 years ago, that wouldnt fly today

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
this was 20 years ago, that wouldnt fly today
Dave Chappelle just did an over the top, juvenile, purposely racist Asian joke on his last special but nobody had problem with it because it was hilarious and set up properly. On the other hand Chappelle's disabled joke on that special was incredibly lazy and not as funny because the ultimate goal of that joke was not to be funny but to prove his point about gay people.

The whole point being is that if you're funny, you will not be 'cancelled', i.e., called out for a shytty joke.

Just from your description of the chopstick joke it sounds funny, but I'm sure Jerry doesn't want even the slightest possible inconvenience during his shows. He gets off his private jet, does a show for 500k, telling the exact same jokes he's been doing for 10-20 years straight and somebody having the gall to question his joke is a major issue for him.

I remember hearing Seinfeld lament how he feels he can't tell his joke about a rollercoaster in the ghetto anymore, because of the word ghetto and that was a big inconvenience for him.

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Two Broke Girls was deemed offensive by some critics, but it still had a 6 season run.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
All i see are people denying the obvious fact and getting upset by what he said instead of looking at it objectivel.

Of course theres non pc jokes on tv today. But sunny still being on tv proves nothing. it should he a way bigger show than it actually is. I dont even know what channel its on, its hidden on a second rate cable channel and isnt shown like nbc/cbs/abc shows. But that IS over. And yes they always had committees. But they OD on it now.

But to pretend like comedians dont get cancelled for jokes, or that people havent been affected is a lie.

Maybe its that jerry is the most pc comedian ever so him talking about it doesnt hit. I noticed certain comedians are jealous of his success and talk bad about him often. Always people who dont actually know him. Theres like sides to comedy, and jerry is on the “jewish” “intellegent comedy”, bill cosby, no cursing , clean TIGHT act side and then theres shyt like opie and anthony, rogan, ari shaffir, aka all wannabe bill hicks’. even that guy who does the show with charlemagne etc. None of them seem to like him or always bring up stuff they dont like about him.

All the big time comedians like chris rock, eddie murphy, chapelle, etc seem to fukk with him. But the lesser ones who never made it or had a stint in comedy always throw shade. Always. Jerrys just from a different era imo. Him being clean was like passe in the 90s to where he was the only one who “seemed” to do it and so he stood out by being the straight guy.
Objectively he's washed unfunny and is frustrated that he can no longer generate the same cultural relevance that he did 30 years ago.