Jim Trotter On Why More Players Haven't Spoken Up For Colin Kaepernick

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It is a valid point. People crying foul for the NFL for Kaepernick not playing, not signed. We hear all this by OTHERS, but not one PEEP by Kaepernick. Not anything about what his desires are, what he intends to do, or nothing of no sort. The truth may very well be that he JUST NO LONGER HAVE INTEREST IN FOOTBALL. And that is fair if he doesn't. If his focus on the betterment of the people, I rather have him have that as his priority than playing. But we do not KNOW, and that what blurs the assumption of him being so-called blackballed. If he was vocal about what his plans are in the future, whether it is playing or not, then make it so and so others can move on. It is A LOT of egg on our faces if we been protesting and saying fukk the NFL and whatnot and it turns out he simply didn't want to play. And that's where these players are at. At one hand, they SHOULD protest on their own free will, not for Kaepernick's sake, but for their OWN personal choice. That's what Bennett and Lynche did. They didn't say shyt about they're doing it for Kaepernick, but for themselves because of that THEY see or feel. Standing up for anyone that doesn't stand for himself DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. And Kaepernick been the LEAST VOCAL in this outrage of him not playing. If he could care less, why should they care? They got their lives and duties and bills to pay.
gsF19.png

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
It is a valid point. People crying foul for the NFL for Kaepernick not playing, not signed. We hear all this by OTHERS, but not one PEEP by Kaepernick. Not anything about what his desires are, what he intends to do, or nothing of no sort. The truth may very well be that he JUST NO LONGER HAVE INTEREST IN FOOTBALL. And that is fair if he doesn't. If his focus on the betterment of the people, I rather have him have that as his priority than playing. But we do not KNOW, and that what blurs the assumption of him being so-called blackballed. If he was vocal about what his plans are in the future, whether it is playing or not, then make it so and so others can move on. It is A LOT of egg on our faces if we been protesting and saying fukk the NFL and whatnot and it turns out he simply didn't want to play. And that's where these players are at. At one hand, they SHOULD protest on their own free will, not for Kaepernick's sake, but for their OWN personal choice. That's what Bennett and Lynche did. They didn't say shyt about they're doing it for Kaepernick, but for themselves because of that THEY see or feel. Standing up for anyone that doesn't stand for himself DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. And Kaepernick been the LEAST VOCAL in this outrage of him not playing. If he could care less, why should they care? They got their lives and duties and bills to pay.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd Negged.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I'll look @ it from both sides.

The players DO NOT need Kaep to speak to speak out about the NFL blackballing him. Regardless of what Kaep has to say, he's still being blackballed and the NFL still brought back Hank Williams. Theres enough BS going on for players to speak up with Kaep. No excuses

On the other side though, I think it'd be decent if Kaep spoke to some of his fellow players. Not publicly but privately, or maybe put out a message to the players through the players union or something. I know theres some players and journalists who have heard from him but perhaps Kaep could communicate more behind the scenes in terms of how they need to handle this blackballing

Kaep could be thinking "The union hasn't even spoke up for me, fukk them" also and thats why he isn't speaking out because he feels most players aren't behind him anyway. So its a complex issue.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
He took meetings with the Seahawks and Ravens didn't he?? How the hell is he not commited.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
How do you know he's not?

Colin is in shape, Colin already said he'd stand for the anthem this year , Colin hasn't said a negative word about any owners or players even when he's been attacked almost daily

On the other side though, I think it'd be decent if Kaep spoke to some of his fellow players. Not publicly but privately, or maybe put out a message to the players through the players union or something. I know theres some players and journalists who have heard from him but perhaps Kaep could communicate more behind the scenes in terms of how they need to handle this blackballing

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
You wrote a whole bunch of nothing :camby:
I had to read that shyt twice.
:deadmanny:

Well, guess Kaep gotta request a sitdown with reporters to go on and repeat all the same shyt he done said all of last year.
:francis:

Only to get the same ol bullshyt "he was being disrespectful to the flag/military/fukkin Colonel Sanders yada yada" response as last time.

:francis:

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He took meetings with the Seahawks and Ravens didn't he?? How the hell is he not commited.

No he didn't. The Seahawks TALKED about MAYBE signing him. And Haubaugh claimed he reached out. But did not say if he even wanted to play or no word about he didn't. The Ravens went a different route without any meeting at all. Kaepernick been QUIET the entire time. The ONLY TIME he was visible is his trips to different countries in Africa and his promotion to any kind of social cause. Not ONCE he mentioned football during his offseason, positive or negative. We just ASSUMING he is wanting to play. He could possibly careless what happens.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
3kkpKFo.gif

:what:

Kaepernick spent most his press conference time last year discussing his reasons for protesting

It's not the protesting of LAST SEASON... it's what he wants to do right now in his LIFE. If football isn't a priority to him, when why should it be for those playing? why should they speak for him to play on a team? It makes MORE SENSE for them to protest because it is in THEIR heart to speak out on the injustices out there. Does not matter if he played or not. But if he said himself about what he WANTED TO DO, then it'll be different. It's not so much about his reasons of protesting LAST SEASON, but if he really DESIRE to play FOOTBALL? Because nobody TRULY knows, because he haven't voiced it. We saw others speaking for and against him, but nothing BY HIM.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll look @ it from both sides.

The players DO NOT need Kaep to speak to speak out about the NFL blackballing him. Regardless of what Kaep has to say, he's still being blackballed and the NFL still brought back Hank Williams. Theres enough BS going on for players to speak up with Kaep. No excuses

Kaep could be thinking "The union hasn't even spoke up for me, fukk them" also and thats why he isn't speaking out because he feels most players aren't behind him anyway. So its a complex issue.

Exactly, word has it the NFLPA actually reached out TWICE and Kaep rejected them. So, we cannot just jump into conclusions as to what he REALLY wants to do in regard with his career with the NFL. Everyone is merely speculating.