Jim Trotter On Why More Players Haven't Spoken Up For Colin Kaepernick

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly, word has it the NFLPA actually reached out TWICE and Kaep rejected them. So, we cannot just jump into conclusions as to what he REALLY wants to do in regard with his career with the NFL. Everyone is merely speculating.

Link?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
trotter got himself on sportscenter over this.

fantabolous

smart usage of data plan
Daps
Reppin
The 313
It is a valid point.

It's valid point as long as people are willing to understand this stuff is complicated and there's multiple factors to things. Unfortunately in these times people want everything to be so black and white, and stuff isn't that simple.

Colin should have a job as a starter somewhere, it's laughable that he isn't at least on a roster as a backup. With that said, Colin was employed by the 49ers and opted out of his contract and $14.5M for 2017-18. He had already committed to standing for the anthem next season, and won their Eschmont award. I doubt he would've had issues being the starter at qb there this year.

It seems odd to me want to leave that situation, and just go ride the bench somewhere else. So I am curious as to what he's looking for?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Then why don't those players call him in for a "Kaep Summit" and find out like JB and them did for Ali? :mjpls:

Excuses

Funny story about the summitt.
According to Bob Arum, he personally called all those players there to talk Ali out of refusing the draft.
They went there and after talking with Ali, according to Arum, they all supported him and was on Ali's side.
Thats how through Ali was.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
It's valid point as long as people are willing to understand this stuff is complicated and there's multiple factors to things. Unfortunately in these times people want everything to be so black and white, and stuff isn't that simple.

Colin should have a job as a starter somewhere, it's laughable that he isn't at least on a roster as a backup. With that said, Colin was employed by the 49ers and opted out of his contract and $14.5M for 2017-18. He had already committed to standing for the anthem next season, and won their Eschmont award. I doubt he would've had issues being the starter at qb there this year.

It seems odd to me want to leave that situation, and just go ride the bench somewhere else. So I am curious as to what he's looking for?

What is complicated.
A fellow black man, a fellow player was blackballed for protesting and not standing for the anthem. His protest was about the unarmed killing of black men and women by the police in this country.
The NFL and sponsors are blackballing him for said stance, not the anthem but the protest against unarmed black americans being shot by the police.
Either they can come out and support Colin's stance and the reason he did what he did, be quiet, or c00n it up like others. Nothing really complicated at all.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
3kkpKFo.gif

:what:

Kaepernick spent most his press conference time last year discussing his reasons for protesting
Basically

fantabolous

smart usage of data plan
Daps
Reppin
The 313
What is complicated.
A fellow black man, a fellow player was blackballed for protesting and not standing for the anthem. His protest was about the unarmed killing of black men and women by the police in this country.
The NFL and sponsors are blackballing him for said stance, not the anthem but the protest against unarmed black americans being shot by the police.
Either they can come out and support Colin's stance and the reason he did what he did, be quiet, or c00n it up like others. Nothing really complicated at all.

Try reading my post again. Colin isn't some poor broke brother who needs this job to survive. I can be mad my team doesn't sign Kaep as a backup, but what if HE isn't interested in backup duties. I get that WE want him to be in the league no matter what , but what does HE WANT?

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Just further reinforces my stance on not watching the NFL. I can't even root for these guys. They need to be led like a dog? It's pretty fukking simple. Kaep said all that needed to be said last year. On top of that, he's clearly getting blackballed. What exactly does he need to say here? He wants to play, he's not getting any burn and we all know why.

IF Kaep spoke out and was all over social media and in the news the excuse would be that he's attention seeking. So dude can't really win here.

League got some of the softest players on the planet.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Try reading my post again. Colin isn't some poor broke brother who needs this job to survive. I can be mad my team doesn't sign Kaep as a backup, but what if HE isn't interested in backup duties. I get that WE want him to be in the league no matter what , but what does HE WANT?

He should be a starter, but I don't think that's the issue. Pretty sure he would sign with a team as a backup if it gave him a shot at starting. I think dude just wants to play.

I keep reading a lot of excuses as to why he's not signed when we know what it is.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I've read your post, did you read mine?
Nothing in my post had anything to do with Colin's financial situation or needing a job.
Nothing in my post said you should be mad about anything. That said you don't have a time, you follow the team that another man owns.
My post has nothing to do with him being in the league or having a job or anything he wants to do.

fantabolous

smart usage of data plan
Daps
Reppin
The 313
He should be a starter, but I don't think that's the issue. Pretty sure he would sign with a team as a backup if it gave him a shot at starting. I think dude just wants to play.

I keep reading a lot of excuses as to why he's not signed when we know what it is.

So don't take this wrong, but stop thinking emotionally for a second. See how you have to give your opinion? It's because you don't really know his, which is all the players are saying. I'm not saying you're wrong, and Don't get me wrong I want all the best for that man. It'd be nice to know what type of football situation he's looking for.

Funny you say "we know what it is" cause the biggest reason he's unsigned is because he chose not to be. He had a job where he probably wouldn't have had competition to be the starter this year and he walked away from it.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
So don't take this wrong, but stop thinking emotionally for a second. See how you have to give your opinion? It's because you don't really know his, which is all the players are saying. I'm not saying you're wrong, and Don't get me wrong I want all the best for that man. It'd be nice to know what type of football situation he's looking for.

Funny you say "we know what it is" cause the biggest reason he's unsigned is because he chose not to be. He had a job where he probably wouldn't have had competition to be the starter this year and he walked away from it.

I don't need to know his opinion. He is not playing because the owners do not believe in his protest. I don't need to know anything else about his opinion.

What job did he walk away from? Please tell me.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These NFL knee grows lost in the sauce. Sad.

I in my right mind can't bring myself to watch the NFL this year or anytime in the near future.. Fukk that.