‘Jobs may disappear’: Nearly 40% of global employment could be disrupted by AI, IMF says

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/7
Tried to see what I could get Udio to generate beyond music.

It can do comedy, speeches, npc dialogue, sports analysis, commercials, radio broadcasts, asmr, nature sounds, etc.

It’s basically an AI audio engine.

Pretty wild.

Watch for examples of each.

2/7
Here’s the published playlist for each example so you can get a sense for prompts you can play with:

Playlist: https://udio.com/playlists/deGuVDLYd9MrXtxnxfX7z1 Worth noting that custom lyrics are a MASSIVE part of the promoting process.

It’ll be interesting to see what people can get it to do.

3/7
It was also funny to see things like this as I played around with it

4/7
My suspicion is they didn’t even know how broad its capabilities are

5/7
Quality being the big one. You can hear all sorts of errors. But for not being trained on those use cases not bad!

6/7
Haven’t been able to nail that one yet.

It takes a ton of effort to get it to NOT generate any music.

Take the NPC example. Based on the game I described it would always generate background music for the game.

People who are better at prompting than me I’m sure will crack it.

7/7
Saw people posting comedy stuff and wondered what else it could do.

Turns out a whole lot!

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GK_Y6QIbwAAi2gH.jpg

1/1
ai will probably most likely lead to the end of the world, but in the meantime there will be great stand-up comedy

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
I think this is propaganda, if AI was as dangerous as they claim, honestly, we’d be seeing devastating results right now. Also, the novelty is starting to wear off because people are waiting for actual ai that interacts with you similar to a living being would. Right now it’s just an algorithm that’s just in your face. That google ai shyt is a sham.

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
I think this is propaganda, if AI was as dangerous as they claim, honestly, we’d be seeing devastating results right now. Also, the novelty is starting to wear off because people are waiting for actual ai that interacts with you similar to a living being would. Right now it’s just an algorithm that’s just in your face. That google ai shyt is a sham.
It’s coming, why would I employ a person when ai could do the work without rest, vacation days, and can work 24/7. I’m not a tech breh so I don’t know the time line but it’s for sure coming.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
It may be propaganda to get people to ask for ubi and a convenient answer to why jobs will go away

When the real answer is that money is drying up, since the world is multipolar now and the gov think it’s better to try to make the dollar last in return for citizens financial lives

And this a phenomenon going on across the world, it almost seems like a global price correction

Last edited:

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
ai is def coming, i jumped into trade school when i saw what was coming

its about to get real spooky, i have ai doing things for me rn that i used to pay people to do

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
It’s coming, why would I employ a person when ai could do the work without rest, vacation days, and can work 24/7. I’m not a tech breh so I don’t know the time line but it’s for sure coming.

On the scale I’m saying, who would your ai be working for? You’d be pigeonholed into working for the wealthy class because nobody else has a job, which would more than likely mean you’d probably would have to worry about your ai getting compromised all the time because there would be too much competition for the very few spots these companies would have.

Also it’s not artificial intelligence because it’s not “intelligent” you just running a program, that’s why I say it’s propaganda, these programs already exist but they’re using ai as a buzzword for buisness scams for investors