Joe Biden Just Delivered the Speech Democrats Have Been Desperate for Him to Give

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
My thoughts exactly.

All he did was repeat what we already know. Telling republicans that Trump is an enemy to democracy is pointless. They know, they don't care. The fundamental question is this:
What are people's material conditions? What is the cost of living? do they feel safe? do they feel healthy? do they feel like the people in charge are steering the country in a direction where these things will happen? what has american 'democracy' gotten them that they can point to and say that they value? if we're talking at the local level someone can say "that new city council fixed the roads. That new city council built us some housing and playgrounds. That new city council put in some air quality restrictions so I can breathe better. That new city council built us a school" Millionaires can look at trump and say "that president gave me tax cuts" what can the average man say they got out of a trump presidency or a biden presidency?

Republicans are a malevolent force in american politics. This is not a shocking revelation. Opinion poll after opinion poll after opinion poll have shown what Americans want and they've consistently acted AGAINST the interests of the american public. The democrats are supposed to be a counter to that. 2009 will probably go down as the year that america was finished. Democratic majority in congress. A fillibuster proof majority. They could've done ANYTHING.

That was their chance to put in a public option for health care.
That was their chance to put back in the regulations on wall st. that were eroded away.
That was their chance to make election day a public holiday.
That was their chance to pass federal legislation banning gerrymandering.
That was their chance to make the murder of any unarmed American citizen by a public servant of any kind a federal crime unless the citizen has been tried and convicted in a court of law.
That was their chance to pass a carbon tax affecting businesses making a certain amount of money every year.
That was their chance to put in a law that ties fines to percentage of profits per quarter. A company can't hide its profits from its shareholders, so if the govt levies a fine of 15 or 20% of those profits for violating a law, they can't do shyt but pay it instead of the farce we have now where google is fined 150 million dollars which is an amount they can make back in a week.
That was their chance to ban private equity firms from owning single family houses or purchasing residential real estate of any kind.

That was their chance to do all of the things that would have put America on track and "made America great again" but they fukking WASTED IT. Like a team that made it to the finals and was up by 20 points, they fukking choked and completely blew the game. Historians will look back at the 110th and 111th congresses as they period in time where American democracy was thrown to the wolves of big capital who proceeded to tear it apart and shyt out Donald Trump. Even if somehow they get a golden opportunity like that again, they'll waste it. Speeches are nice, but you know what's better? EXECUTIVE ORDERS. Still, even now, still, they're failing to do anything other than use republicans as a boogeyman.

Wondering how old you were back then. Democrats TRIED to get the public option passed. What we got was the most we could get and that took every last senator to pass. It also cost a lot of people their political careers because getting what they DID get passed was to revolutionary for the American people. If you think I'm lying, look at what happened in 2010. Americans didn't say "thanks for allowing me to insure my kids until they're 26 and not letting insurers cancel my insurance after I get sick".

Nope, Americans said "hey let's give Congress back to the Republicans"

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Usual posters came in to
full
for Trump I see

But I was hoping Biden would justify his policy in regards to Gaza and Israel. We already know Trump is a clown, but trying to convince MAGAs is a waste.

Daps
yeah but the below is all he cares about. Biden is a fukking piece of shyt monster and unfortunately I don't have a choice but to vote for him

"Despite the pushback, a poll conducted exclusively for Newsweek by Redfield and Wilton Strategies in mid-December found that support for the president's response for the Israel-Hamas war had increased among young voters, up by 5 percentage points when compared to a similar poll conducted in October."

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
What's funny about the whole Israel/Hamas bullshyt is the protesters are losing Biden more voters than his response...

The middle is not down this bullshyt and associates the protesters with the Democratic party...

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
yeah but the below is all he cares about. Biden is a fukking piece of shyt monster and unfortunately I don't have a choice but to vote for him

"Despite the pushback, a poll conducted exclusively for Newsweek by Redfield and Wilton Strategies in mid-December found that support for the president's response for the Israel-Hamas war had increased among young voters, up by 5 percentage points when compared to a similar poll conducted in October."

Yeah I wish I didn't have to vote for Biden, but there's just no alternative right now :francis: Trump putting more people on the courts is unacceptable

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Wondering how old you were back then. Democrats TRIED to get the public option passed. What we got was the most we could get and that took every last senator to pass. It also cost a lot of people their political careers because getting what they DID get passed was to revolutionary for the American people. If you think I'm lying, look at what happened in 2010. Americans didn't say "thanks for allowing me to insure my kids until they're 26 and not letting insurers cancel my insurance after I get sick".

Nope, Americans said "hey let's give Congress back to the Republicans"
It was more about a black president than it was about democratic policies. Also, the poster you quoted was correct. Obama's first two years had a democratic controlled congress with Nancy Pelosi as the speaker. They could have passed whatever they wanted.

Daps
Feel like a lot of people want any excuse they can find to vote for Trump.

Why?

Who knows. Most Biden voters don't view him as any kind of savior. It's more pragmatism.

Not voting = someone is still gonna win the election. The race doesn't stop because 10 people or 10M people abstain.

Vote for Trump = you want chaos and love his policy positions....or you just want to be a contrairian

Vote for Biden = probably view him as the best option even if you don't really like him

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
It was more about a black president than it was about democratic policies. Also, the poster you quoted was correct. Obama's first two years had a democratic controlled congress with Nancy Pelosi as the speaker. They could have passed whatever they wanted.
Yeah and they decided to work on health care. Laws don't write themselves and the ACA was a heavy lift. If you do just rush it then everyone would be complaining about all the loopholes and fraud that showed up.