Joe Biden Just Delivered the Speech Democrats Have Been Desperate for Him to Give

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Speech was incredible but abortion has already sunk the gop for 2024 and they know it. The economy is on an upswing whether anyone here wants to acknowledge it and it will be much healthier by summer(when you actually look at things and not just sitting online miserable you learn this). It's about trends not feelings.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Republicans gotta get out of his way. Wouldn't even have inflation if trump had taken covid seriously when it first started ramping up. Instead he was cracking China Flu jokes and dismantling a team Obama had in place to keep tabs on just such a disease as Covid. All documented facts. He lost in 2020 because of this. Independent support eroded. It'll happen again in 2024. They haven't done shyt to reel in Independent voters.

Literally put forth a plan called Inflation Reduction Act. GOP doesn't want him to get any credit so they stonewall it. You tlr maga are so obvious.
I’m far from Maga, fukk Trump and the Republican Party, I just want more bang for my buck. I should not be making more in 2024 than I did in 2018 but can afford less

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I’m far from Maga, fukk Trump and the Republican Party, I just want more bang for my buck. I should not be making more in 2024 than I did in 2018 but can afford less

trump and company can't fix the problem they caused when they printed money like crazy, had the FED keep interest rates low to pump the market and gave permanent tax cuts to the wealthy.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
trump and company can't fix the problem they caused when they printed money like crazy, had the FED keep interest rates low to pump the market and gave permanent tax cuts to the wealthy.
We all discussed they were part of the reason for this but we want Biden to do a better job at fixing the shyt storm. Again 2 dollar net worth is like 1.50 just 5 years ago.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
We all discussed they were part of the reason for this but we want Biden to do a better job at fixing the shyt storm. Again 2 dollar net worth is like 1.50 just 5 years ago.

hasn't he done better than any other world leader facing similar conditions?

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:comeon:

“We aren’t weighed down by grievances, we don’t foster fear”

Bull fukking shyt. This man’s own presidential campaign & election was based off “not Trump”….fear.

The 2024 DNC angle once ago is gonna be vote for us, cause those other dudes are far worse and you might lose your rights.

As much as we say and it’s obvious that Republicans placate and play to hard right wing citizens….the Democrats to some degree do too. Maybe not the super hard right, but still. It’s why Obama had to select Biden as his VP.

And they use that fear as a tool, which is why they don’t secure certain rights or acts (such as abortion) when they have a chance too, so they can run on it next time.

And they are obviously too p*ssy to come down hard on all Jan 6 contributors, indirectly or directly.
Are you saying you voting for Trump

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:smugbiden:
Votes are on the way.
181028-migrant-caravan-al-0906.jpg

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Are you saying you voting for Trump
:childplease: fukk no. Terrorist ass MAGAs shouldn’t even be allowed on the ballot, let alone running around free.

Him and the rest of Republican partly are racist PoS that are actively seeking to make shyt worse for the average (Black) American.

I’m begrudgingly voting for the Democrat candidate, who will unfortunately be Biden.

Just because the Republicans are worse and Democrats are the logical choice (for now)…..doesn’t mean Biden ain’t a racist, moderate damn near right leaning, toothless when it comes to in-house issues (voting rights, Jan 6th, Freedom Caucus), big business lobbyist PoS himself.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

THE NATIONAL INTEREST

Biden Was So Good, Trump Is Accusing Him of Performance-Enhancing Drugs

01b1cb87da823d5dc21175842b4c91b06c-biden-national-interest.2x.rhorizontal.w1400.jpg

Photo-Illustration: Intelligencer; Photo: Drew Angerer/Getty Images

THE NATIONAL INTEREST MAR. 8, 2024

Biden Was So Good, Trump Is Accusing Him of Performance-Enhancing Drugs​

We need a president who can get high on life?​

By Jonathan Chait, who’s been a New York political columnist since 2011.

After Republicans spent years depicting him as a near-comatose vegetable who literally does not know where he is, President Biden delivered a forceful State of the Union address. This created a dilemma for Republicans. One option was to attack the speech as partisan and mean. Another, more deranged choice, was to insist that Biden had only pulled it off due to the aid of performance-enhancing drugs.

You can guess which option Trump went with. The former president began posting manically on social media that his adversary, who he has previously labeled “sleepy” and also the mastermind of a plot to control the Ukrainian justice system for the benefit of his son, was on some kind of drug combination.

529079c27fabaa743de1eb524452397596-trump2.rhorizontal.w700.png

His minions were quickly taking the insinuation as fact.

It is theoretically possible, I suppose, that an 81-year-old teetotaling Catholic has suddenly embarked upon a drug-fueled lifestyle. But this raises the question of why, exactly, we should care that Biden is using these wonder drugs to elevate his public performance.

After all, in sports, we limit steroid use and other performance-enhancing drugs because those drugs have awful side effects, and give those willing to accept them an unfair advantage. What are the side effects of Biden’s alleged drug use? (Other Trump posts mentioned Biden’s coughing, which, if true, seem like an acceptable trade-off for turning a dementia-riddled zombie into a sprightly leader.)

Or is the idea that Biden is somehow rigging the election by using some kind of drugs that turn him into an energetic public speaker? Is Trump seeding the ground to challenge a potential Biden victory on the grounds that it was drug-enhanced?

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
If Biden wasn’t a dotard he’d create a presidential order stating any politician participating in an insurrection can be immediately confined. Some thats not directly using Trumps name but something we all would know means Trump. Then watch Consrvatives start juelzing.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
G

Joe Biden Just Delivered the Speech Democrats Have Been Desperate for Him to Give​

Biden delivered a point-by-point denunciation of Donald Trump’s actions around Jan. 6, casting the 2024 election as a stark choice and calling his predecessor a 'loser'

Published 01/05/24 04:42 PM ET | Updated 14 hr ago

Dan Merica
, Amie Parnes and Nicole Gaudiano

Joe Biden Just Delivered the Speech Democrats Have Been Desperate for Him to Give

*video from another source

Democrats have been desperate for Joe Biden to hold nothing back in defining former President Donald Trump as an anti-democratic threat.

On Friday in Pennsylvania, the president did just that.

Biden’s 32-minute speech was a point-by-point takedown of Trump’s actions around the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, three years ago tomorrow. The president lambasted his predecessor as anti-American because of the way he supported the insurrection, called him the “election denier in chief” because of the way he continues to deny he lost the 2020 election, and, in a dig targeted at the image-conscience Trump, called the Republican leader “a loser.”

“Let's be clear about the 2020 election. Trump exhausted every legal avenue available to him to overturn the election. Every one,” Biden said. “But the legal path just took Trump back to the truth: That I’d won the election and he was a loser.”

Biden added: “We all know who Donald Trump is. The question we have to answer is, who are we? That’s what’s at stake.”

The speech, which Biden aides have cast as the opening salvo in the president’s race against the expected Republican nominee in 2024, sets up an extraordinary moment in presidential politics where the current officeholder, in his bid to keep the job, is questioning his predecessor’s commitment to democracy ahead of their expected rematch.

Democrats have publicly and privately urged Biden to repeatedly deliver this kind of message, questioning Trump’s commitment to American democracy and positioning the election as a stark, but simple, choice between him and Trump.

“He’s resetting the terms of the debate, as he needs to,” said Democratic strategist Christy Setzer.

With polls showing Biden trailing the former president across the country and in key battleground states, many Democrats – some of whom have grown nervous about the president’s reelection – have argued it is time for Biden to deliver on his most persistent political mantra: “Don't compare me to the Almighty, compare me to the alternative.”

President Joe Biden speaks during a campaign event at Montgomery County Community College January 5, 2024 in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania. In his first campaign event of the 2024 election season, Biden stated that democracy and fundamental freedoms are under threat if former U.S. President Donald Trump returns to the White House.Drew Angerer/Getty Images

This speech was filled with comparisons between the current president and his predecessor. Biden argued Trump’s campaign was a self-centered endeavor – “Trump's campaign is about him. Not America. Not you,” the president said – while he said his campaign was “different” and called protecting democracy the “central cause of my presidency. While Biden recalled attending the funerals of police officers who died as a result of events on Jan. 6, he blamed Trump’s lies for those deaths.

“They died because these lies brought a mob to Washington,” he said. “He promised it will be wild and it was. He told the crowd to fight like hell. And all hell was unleashed.”

The speech was also loaded with body language. Biden spoke through gritted teeth about Trump disparaging deceased military members as “suckers.” The Catholic rosary on his wrist shook with his fist. He shouted, pointed at the audience, and seemed passionate and angry.

“I'll say what Donald Trump won’t: Political violence is never ever acceptable in the United States political system, never, never never,” Biden said. “It has no place in a democracy. None. You can't be pro-insurrectionist and pro-American.”

The speech comes as a perilous moment for American democracy. Recent polling around the Jan. 6 anniversary has found Republicans are more sympathetic to what happened at the Capitol in 2021 than they were years ago and while some Republicans censured Trump in the wake of the attack on the Capitol – a fact Biden brought up – the former president has not only survived those attacks, he has deepened his hold on the Republican base and forced many of his party’s top elected officials to retreat from the criticism they leveled years earlier.

The Trump campaign’s response to Biden’s speech highlighted the difficulty the former president may have responding to these attacks in 2024. Instead of taking on Biden’s criticism that Trump is a threat to democracy for what happened around the 2020 election, Trump’s top aides and supporters questioned why Biden was talking about the issue at all. And his campaign tried to turn the attack around by claiming the former president’s legal jeopardy makes Biden “the greatest threat to democracy the United States of America has ever faced.”

“The bottom line today is that Joe Biden has given up on running an issues-based campaign for 2024,” wrote Jason Miller, a top Trump adviser. “Rather than help those suffering from Bidenomics or our porous southern border, Biden plans on weaponizing government against his leading political opponent.”

In a tweet highlighting increased inflation, Miller added: “Biden sure doesn’t want to talk Bidenomics.”

That response will likely only embolden Democrats who would like Biden to talk more about Trump.

“I have told anyone who would listen [at the White House] that he needs to be relentless about defining Trump and also punching him in the face,” said one Democratic strategist close to the Biden administration. “Today he did all of that. And he needs to keep doing more.”

Josh Schwerin, a Democratic strategist who worked on Hillary Clinton’s campaign against Trump in 2016, echoed Biden’s “don’t compare me” mantra, saying the speech represented “a powerful reminder” that this election is a choice between Biden and Trump.

“When that fact is internalized more broadly by voters, we’re going to see numbers move in Biden’s direction,” Schwerin said on the recent polling.

Democratic strategist Adam Parkhomenko called the speech “one of the most powerful speeches of my lifetime.”

“There's no shortage of Democrats who often wet their bed wondering if President Biden is the right choice for them to get behind,” said Parkhomenko. “And this is exactly the kind of speech that puts those thoughts and very siloed efforts to rest.”

Gotta Watch this