Joe Budden & Jay Electronica go back & forth on Twitter

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Budden has always been a fierce emcee and birthed A LOT of styles.

His problem is that he is a hater and lacks game. He expects things to go a certain way because "that's how it should be" or because "it wouldn't be fair if it doesn't" but that's not how this world works (that's why i say he lacks game). He then goes on to hate on people who have game and manage to navigate through the game a different way. He has a certain entitlement about the game. Or maybe he's just playing it up to create content (playing the game his own way).

The truth is, anyone is free to do whatever they want, Jay Elec can do whatever album he has the means to do, fans can love or hate it (including joe). but being jealous of Jay Elec for bypassing the usual steps of the system is corny. I actually agree that Jay Elec is "FAR down on the lists" of emcees mainly because he hasn't put out enough work. I definitely agree that fans put him higher on the lists and part of it is that aura of mystique he maintains (similar to 3000). but who cares though. that's not Jay's fault. that's the fans. not everyone's main purpose in life is to be high on these lists. some people are in it for the money, some people are in it for the message, some people are in it for the glory, some for the art. most people are in it for ALL of the above in different proportions. I think Budden was expecting a lyrical slaughter, a display of skills that would at least attempt to raise the bar lyrically. Instead we got a borderline concept album featuring Jay (which seems like a cheat code). and the initial praise made it seem like it's not fair because not everyone is afforded the luxury of coming out with the "message" album on their first offering.My thing is why be mad at Jay for that? you could dislike it, you could even call it trash for technical reasons. I think it goes beyond that for Joe. It's either personal or it's envy of the freedom to do whatever the fukk he wants to do.