Joe louis vs mike tyson in they prime who u think would win

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Louis is far and away the greater fighter...but H2H Tyson was too fast & explosive...and Louis doesn't have the feet or sufficient enough defense to keep Mike off of him...everybody Louis fought that was faster than him, he struggled with...

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I don't think Louis was durable enough to survive an early round Tyson assault. :manny:

quick, explosive, power punching swarmer/pressure boxers were all wrong for Joe. This is a bad style match up for him.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Nobody is beating a coked out, roided out custamado Mike......Too much Power and Speed, if we talking prime Mike...

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Tough one to call because with Tyson it was always can you survive that first 6 round onslaught and Louis was a very patient classic boxer puncher...

That said Louis always had trouble with quick hands and inside fighters...

Billy Conn gave Louis a lot of trouble with his speed and would of won that fight if he could punch...Conn moved up in weight for that fight and made a dumb decision to try and KO Louis late in that fight...

Louis was also never comfortable fighting inside by his own admission and gave that for a reason why he doubted he could of beat Marciano in his prime...

It's also worth noting Joe got put down by lesser punchers than Tyson...

I'll take Tyson in this one...

Last edited:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Nobody is beating a coked out, roided out custamado Mike......Too much Power and Speed, if we talking prime Mike...

buddy got him though...buster. I know he aint have cust but he shoulda beat that bum:hhh:

i think him n joe is a slug fest...who ever got the better chin/stamina wins in the end imo.

plus mike always had problems with 6-5 n up fighters....he would really struggle to beat them even in prime word to manny steward.

don't mean he couldn't though....but I don't think they would be dominant wins more like 7-5 type wins over the prime steward giants like bowe/lewis/klits/.......etc

Daps
Reppin
NULL
buddy got him though...buster. I know he aint have cust but he shoulda beat that bum:hhh:

i think him n joe is a slug fest...who ever got the better chin/stamina wins in the end imo.

plus mike always had problems with 6-5 n up fighters....he would really struggle to beat them even in prime word to manny steward.

don't mean he couldn't though....but I don't think they would be dominant wins more like 7-5 type wins over the prime steward giants like bowe/lewis/klits/.......etc

Gus died before Mike even won the heavyweight championship, that ain't no excuse

Joe Louis is the greatest heavyweight of all time with 25 title defenses, klitscho couldn't beat the record fighting cans for over a decade
that's how impressive the record is

Mike Tyson has never beaten a great fighter in their prime, ever in his entire career

but with that said, Tyson would knock his out lmao, bigger stronger faster, you can't compare eras, athletes evolved too much

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Gus died before Mike even won the heavyweight championship, that ain't no excuse

Joe Louis is the greatest heavyweight of all time with 25 title defenses, klitscho couldn't beat the record fighting cans for over a decade
that's how impressive the record is

Mike Tyson has never beaten a great fighter in their prime, ever in his entire career

but with that said, Tyson would knock his out lmao, bigger stronger faster, you can't compare eras, athletes evolved too much

roids u mean?

how do u explain srl bigger than almost all the "natural" welterweights today?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
roids u mean?

how do u explain srl bigger than almost all the "natural" welterweights today?

No he's not, Errol Spence is about the same size
he started his career at welterweight

you only say that because 147 is a division filled with guys who moved up from lighter weights

also ray leonard's career ended in the 90's not that long ago

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
No he's not, Errol Spence is about the same size
he started his career at welterweight

you only say that because 147 is a division filled with guys who moved up from lighter weights

also ray leonard's career ended in the 90's not that long ago

hearns 6'1 started at 147 plus he debut is 1977.....that's a long time ago imo:francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
hearns 6'1 started at 147 plus he debut is 1977.....that's a long time ago imo:francis:

Okay and diego corrales was 5'10 at light weight lmao,

Paul Williams was 6'1 at welterweight too lmao

Lets pretend like every welterweight was belt like hearns lmao

hearns cut wait because he don't got a chin, which was proven when he would get KO'd by lesser fighters when he moved up in weight

trinidad was pure welterweight their same size, stop it with that nonsense

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Okay and diego corrales was 5'10 at light weight lmao,

Paul Williams was 6'1 at welterweight too lmao

Lets pretend like every welterweight was belt like hearns lmao

hearns cut wait because he don't got a chin, which was proven when he would get KO'd by lesser fighters when he moved up in weight

trinidad was pure welterweight their same size, stop it with that nonsense

I don't believe it. give me a list of all these big natural ww. I want more than one or two names so I can compare.

where are all the natural ww today versus all the other days? plus are these natural ww dominating the division?

so Brook 5'9 /Thurman 5'7 are the only two natural ww that are decent........everybody else is from 140 or lower or 154-160

Manny Pacquiao
1.keith Thurman
2.kell brook
3. Danny Garcia
4. Timothy Bradley
5. Jessie Vargas
6. Shawn Porter
7. Errol Spence
8. Amir Khan
9. Marcos Maidana
10. Devon Alexander
11.David Avanesyan