Joe Smith is broke

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
A lot of these cats have zero understanding of how their finances work. Who was it that tried to cash his first NBA check at a check cashing spot? I think it was Z-Bo.

Broke should be required viewing at all pro sports rookie orientations.

That still wont solve shyt unfortunately

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Vanguard 401k...Roth IRA...lots of options for players if they want to have a plan Z just in case everything falls to shyt by the time they turn 59 :manny:
What that mean when you have creditors when who need your cash right now?

You dudes love pocket watching and saying "what you would do" when you have never seen that much money in your life.

Coulda made $84 mil more had McHale not put that secret agreement in writing
I remember when they got busted. That was the very first thing I thought about. Smith's name was mud after that. Don't think he ever got a long term deal again after that.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That still wont solve shyt unfortunately

Yeah, some cats aren't gonna get saved. These guys are very young and think that they're going to be making big money forever. Maybe it will turn the lightbulb on for a couple of cats though, and if it does that it's worth it.

The numbers are really shocking. 75% of NFL players and 60% of NBA players are in some sort of economic hardship 5 years after retirement.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Think the biggest problem is they continue to live super lavish after the checks stop coming,guess it's cool to live big when you getting big checks all the time,but you gotta scale back a little bit if the checks not coming in,can keep buying 6 figure cars with no money coming in

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
What that mean when you have creditors when who need your cash right now?

You dudes love pocket watching and saying "what you would do" when you have never seen that much money in your life.

I remember when they got busted. That was the very first thing I thought about. Smith's name was mud after that. Don't think he ever got a long term deal again after that.
Actually, Glen’s dumb ass took him back after a year in Detroit and gave him $34 mil over 6 years.(he eventually traded him in the deal that got them Sam Cassell)