Joe Smith is broke

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
nikka played 16 years and made 60 million

Russ only gotta play 5 years and get 210 million :mjlol:

You know them old heads mad as fukk they ain't get paid like these youngins :mjcry:
You are comparing the wrong players, a Joe Smith level player today may not do half of what Russ has in 5 years. Joe Smith was a fringe player for 2/3 of his career. Super stars in the late 90s, early 2000s caked very well also.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
What that mean when you have creditors when who need your cash right now?

You dudes love pocket watching and saying "what you would do" when you have never seen that much money in your life.
You're accusing others of pocket watching but you're making a thread about an athlete going broke :mjgrin: My point was that players have OPTIONS and can plan for scenario A, B, C etc. even if they are in a situation like Joe Smith where they owe money. Now if they don't plan ahead that's not my problem, but I can be 100% sure I'm not fukking myself up over $600 let alone 60 million :mjlol: :stopitslime:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He’ll be aite. He played 16 years and pensions are based on how many years you worked so I’m sure that NBA pension is gonna be nice.

Just gotta live a modest life until then :manny: If he that broke, get a high school coaching gig or something

nikka might not make it to 50 or 62 years old though b :francis:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
but you're making a thread about an athlete going broke :mjgrin:
I didn't make the thread

My point was that players have OPTIONS and can plan for scenario A, B, C etc. even if they are in a situation like Joe Smith where they owe money. Now if they don't plan ahead that's not my problem, but I can be 100% sure I'm not fukking myself up over $600 let alone 60 million
I am not defending Joe Smith.

my point is that when banks and creditors are asking for liquid, or you get booted out your home and you have some cash in your Roth IRA to cover that, what will you do? Take that tax hit to pay down the debt or say "I need this when I turn 65."

You guys think too much in ideals and not practical.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
I didn't make the thread
You're right, my bad I was looking at the wrong username :russ: :snoop:

I am not defending Joe Smith.

my point is that when banks and creditors are asking for liquid, or you get booted out your home and you have some cash in your Roth IRA to cover that, what will you do? Take that tax hit to pay down the debt or say "I need this when I turn 65."

You guys think too much in ideals and not practical.
I'll have to disagree with you here, my point was about having options and I think it's practical and worthwhile to inform yourself of them however I realize not everybody is going to deal with or think about an issue like this the same way :manny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You're right, my bad I was looking at the wrong username :russ: :snoop:

I'll have to disagree with you here, my point was about having options and I think it's practical and worthwhile to inform yourself of them however I realize not everybody is going to deal with or think about an issue like this the same way :manny:
I do not disagree with what you said.

My point is what if he did all that but with bad investments he needed liquid right away? I have never been in this situation before, but I know I was unemployed one time when i was younger and had bills and had to make a decision between my retirement or paying down these debts.

I paid the debts down. shyt happens. That's not a defense of Joe Smith or myself, but I am talking about real life.

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif
Been lookin for that fit he was rockin in the OG MIB for YEARS breh...

Shyt would still kill the game today just get it cut a little more fitted haha

And that orange jacket with the timbs...:banderas::banderas::banderas:

18928218.jpg

A lot of fly shyt in that movie...including the freak workin the morgue :russ::russ::russ:

tumblr_p3w3a0gj481u2ragso1_r1_500.gif

:ahh::ahh::ahh:

Tall freaks :ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

Thanks for the flashback breh :myman::salute: