John Cena hosting Saturday Night Live on December 10th

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This is gonna be the big test.
I said for months we'll know if Cena is a hit with mainstream and pop culture media and tastemakers if he gets an SNL gig and knocks it out the park like Rock in 2000.
We knew he could have gotten it cause WWE been had a great relationship with NBC/Universal for 35 years, so they could get any wrestler to cross over if they wanted (Even better than WCW's Turner/Time Warner relationship sadly) and it was just a matter of time of which guy they wanna get behind

Only way I could see people rejecting him on this and future movies is if he's too much of a gimmicky straight white guy to be taken seriously as a leading man in an era where Hollywood is looking for more diversity. In that respect, Rock's ethnically ambigious profile is more appealable (Plus he's just way more naturally charismatic). Like SNL and Tina Fey in her movies will feed him funny stuff to do but I wonder how audiences will react the instant they see him trying to wear a suit

I think he may pull it off because staying this long in WWE and building his kid friendly PG Walmart audience to me in fact means there are people in middle america's households that will embrace him. And we've seen even he is more interesting when away from WWE promos (As seen from his appearance on Kimmel last year to promote Wrestlemania 31)

Im for him winning though. I actually think they are a lot of guys in Wrestling who could have crossed over and been character actors that never got the chance (Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerro, CM Punk) so Im for more guys having success and seeing all the personalties in Wrestling.

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
glad cena is doing his thing, we wont get the "next" guy until cena leaves. rock was out the door when cena came in. shawn and bret were out the door when rock and austin came in, Hogan was ect...

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

I haven't seen a full show since the 40th anniversary. Let's see how he does :ehh:

He should be the musical guest too :jbhmm: He doesn't rap anymore, I guess.

You didn't catch the Chappelle episode? It was one of the best SNL episodes in the last decade at the very least.

Edit: nvm saw your answer.