John Cena hosting Saturday Night Live on December 10th

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Casey Affleck is hosting too:mjpls:. Cena is going to have some big shoes to fill, because Rock has killed every time he's been on there. Cena was pretty good at the ESPYS, but he is kinda corny on other shows.

Last edited:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
Well the man about to hit 40 with all that mileage.

At least he ain't like someone who leaves in the prime of his career :sas2:

*prepares for the negs*

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Folks better enjoy Cena while they can because he is going to Hollywood and there's nothing that can be done to stop it.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"B-b-but Cena will never be able to hack it outside WWE!"
VudNSfn.gif

Rock gave him a style to run with :umad:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
This is gonna be the big test.
I said for months we'll know if Cena is a hit with mainstream and pop culture media and tastemakers if he gets an SNL gig and knocks it out the park like Rock in 2000.
We knew he could have gotten it cause WWE been had a great relationship with NBC/Universal for 35 years, so they could get any wrestler to cross over if they wanted (Even better than WCW's Turner/Time Warner relationship sadly) and it was just a matter of time of which guy they wanna get behind

Only way I could see people rejecting him on this and future movies is if he's too much of a gimmicky straight white guy to be taken seriously as a leading man in an era where Hollywood is looking for more diversity. In that respect, Rock's ethnically ambigious profile is more appealable (Plus he's just way more naturally charismatic). Like SNL and Tina Fey in her movies will feed him funny stuff to do but I wonder how audiences will react the instant they see him trying to wear a suit

I think he may pull it off because staying this long in WWE and building his kid friendly PG Walmart audience to me in fact means there are people in middle america's households that will embrace him. And we've seen even he is more interesting when away from WWE promos (As seen from his appearance on Kimmel last year to promote Wrestlemania 31)

Im for him winning though. I actually think they are a lot of guys in Wrestling who could have crossed over and been character actors that never got the chance (Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerro, CM Punk) so Im for more guys having success and seeing all the personalties in Wrestling.

:usure:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Folks better enjoy Cena while they can because he is going to Hollywood and there's nothing that can be done to stop it.

Its for the best. Him not being full time anymore by force stretches out the time period they can use him now. He can stick around for the next decade now with this schedule instead of his body turning on him. No kids to be home for either.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I could see him having a fanbase with a certain crowd. Maybe some indie movies.

Cena wont be some major headlining star like Rock has been the last 4 or 5 years, but i could see him getting some good 4th or 5th billing roles in big movies consistently like Batista is now.

And like him or not this isnt hypocritical, his criticism of Rock, legitimate or not, was that Rock didnt come back at all for 7 years. Not just that he did movies.