'John Wick' TV Series "The Continental" in the Works at Starz (With Keanu Reeves Attached)

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
johnwickchapter2_2017_20_copy_-_h_2018.jpg

'The Continental' will be exec produced by the screenwriter behind the franchise as well as original star Reeves.

John Wick is the latest feature film to get the small-screen treatment.

Starz announced Friday at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour that it was developing The Continental, an ongoing drama series based on the John Wick film franchise starring Keanu Reeves. Reeves, Starz execs said, is expected to make an appearance in the potential series but will not star as the project exists side by side with the feature universe.

The potential TV series is set in the John Wick universe and focuses on the inner-workings of the exclusive Continental Hotel, which serves as a refuge for assassins.

Chris Collins (Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, Man in the High Castle) will pen the script and serve as showrunner should the drama move forward. The original film's creative team are on board the TV off-shoot, with Thunder Road Pictures' Basil Iwanyk — who produced the first two features and serves in the same capacity on the forthcoming third — leads an exec producing team that also includes Chad Stahelski (who directed the first two and is returning for the third), original franchise screenwriter Derek Kolstad and Collins, David Leitch (who co-directed the original) and Reeves. Stahelski will direct the premiere of The Continental, should the script move forward.

'John Wick' TV Series in the Works at Starz (With Keanu Reeves Attached)

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Not at all. The series takes place in the same world. It is NOT about John Wick. Both can continue side by side if they choose.
I suppose, although most of the mystique regarding the continental will be wiped off the map. And even then the audience that watches this series is more for the well executed action choreography, pace, good soundtrack and the fact it doesn't take itself seriously.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Baba Yaga the series:wow:

The only two things I need this series to have: Ian McShane and Lance Reddikk

Also, @Bigbigguy lets make sure you don't get everyone hype who won't read the article or the other articles around the net and just read your headline: Keanu is producing and may make an appearance. That's something they're talking about now meaning he wants to get paid for it and it may just be a one time thing. This isn't a series starring Keanu

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Off topic but I'm going to need the screen writer to multi task because Man in the High Castle is my shyt :ufdup:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Is this old news? I thought optimum dropped starz

They announced the show months ago but they’ve made another announcement with a full writing team on board and actual direction now. And TCAs are going on so you gotta make your announcements

And that’s one cable company breh, we got plenty more who haven’t dropped Starz