Jon Jones - “I Won Decisively – Gustafsson Rematch Not Necessary”

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
:snoop: :what:

The rematch that many fans were clamoring for will not go down, at least not yet.

UFC President Dana White has confirmed that Jon Jones will defend his belt against talented Brazilian Glover Teixeira – likely as part of the February 1st card in Newark, New Jersey. White broke the news to ESPN.com on Wednesday.

“That’s what the champ wants, we’ll probably have that fight on the Super Bowl card in New Jersey.”

Jones revealed on weekly magazine show, UFC Tonight, his belief that he won the fight decisively at UFC 165 and has expressed his reason for choosing to fight Teixiera next:

“I said before the Gustafsson fight my sights were set on breaking the record,” Jones said in a statement released by the UFC. “I want to crush the record. I want to beat the record so bad it can never be broken.

“I’m going to fight Glover and I will answer all the critics about the Gustafsson fight. I will fight Gustafsson after I fight Glover. I won the fight but I look at it as a blemish on my record because some people think I didn’t. I promise you, he will be next.”

Dana White has promised that Alexander Gustafsson will fight close to this event on a unannounced card set for his homeland of Sweden. Jones’ opponent Teixeira currently has a 20 fight win streak and was most recently seen stopping Ryan Bader in Brazil.

http://www.mmaopinion.co.uk/2013/09...-won-decisively-gustafsson-rematch-necessary/

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't seen the Gustafsson fight yet but Jones looked about as rattled and beat up as I've ever seen him in post fight photo ops. He needs to fight Gustafsson again.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I like Jones, always have but if he truly believes he won decisively he's delusional.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
hes scared

he just had the fight of his life and only really won because gus gassed out.

rematch has to be made

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
YES! Time for to Brazillian Jiujitsu to take the UFC title. Gus did good but i wasnt that impressed with his performance. He lost, time to get back on his grind. He didnt get robbed, he lost according to the metrics. Good effort

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Gustaffson from rounds 1-3 was putting on a f*ckin clinic on Jones :whew: and Jones couldn't take Gus down (I think he took him down once). Some of the Jones fans at the spot I was watching it at were like :dwillhuh:. The 4th and 5th rounds though Jones seemed have gotten the edge back and almost took Gus out with 10 sec to go. Did Gus do enough to dethrone the champ? I think a draw would've been justifiable.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Gustaffson from rounds 1-3 was putting on a f*ckin clinic on Jones :whew: and Jones couldn't take Gus down (I think he took him down once). Some of the Jones fans at the spot I was watching it at were like :dwillhuh:. The 4th and 5th rounds though Jones seemed have gotten the edge back and almost took Gus out with 10 sec to go. Did Gus do enough to dethrone the champ? I think a draw would've been justifiable.
http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/09/jones-vs-gustafsson-official-ufc.html Wrong. Friend you saw someone trying as someone winning. Its an illusion like mirages.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jon Jones feeling himself too much. It was a good fight in the sense because they both got beat up, but
neither one looked impressive. For Jones to have so much trouble, with Gus who didn't look sharp himself, he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is

Daps
Reppin
NULL

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Jon Jones feeling himself too much. It was a good fight in the sense because they both got beat up, but
neither one looked impressive. For Jones to have so much trouble, with Gus who didn't look sharp himself, he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is

Gus almost beat the #1 P4P MMA fighter in the world and somehow he didn't look impressive? You can't be serious. :snoop:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You can't go off stats, those legs kicks pushed Jons over Gus in some rounds on the stats, but a lot of them legs kicks were insignifcant
he only landed a few stiff ones, 1-3 Jons was getting beat up, if Gus had better cardio he would've easily won that fight
The judges didnt think they were insignificant. Jones outscored him and won the match in a decision. Gus threw very little power and pitty patted the entire fight on top of running in terror and putting his hands on his hips in exhaustion. He lost, youve got to deal with it.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
The judges didnt think they were insignificant. Jones outscored him and won the match in a decision. Gus threw very little power and pitty patted the entire fight on top of running in terror and putting his hands on his hips in exhaustion. He lost, youve got to deal with it.

Jon Jones's bruised and bloodied face disagrees.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Jon Jones's bruised and bloodied face disagrees.
Well if anyone jabs you in the face 100 times yea, there will be some bruising. Never saw Jones in trouble. Saw Gus in trouble and nearly get Finished before being Saved by the bell. Saw Gus exhausted ready to quit from exhaustion in the 5th and sprinting away from his opponent in earlier rounds. You've got to deal with it, friend.