Jon Jones the GOAT in MMA?

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
Yeah he’s undoubtedly the goat. Always fighting the toughest opponents offered, typically dominating them. Often makes it a point in fights to out do his opponents in their top strengths. Entertaining, charismatic, Amazing fight IQ, extremely versatile, innovative, has a psychopathic killer instinct…

People will say GSP but I believe that’s also in part due to his character. Jon’s only loss is because he broke the rules (whilst beating the breaks off a deaf man) that to some shouldn’t even exist in the first place. He’s been nothing but dominant throughout his career, and him coming up and babying Gane like that is the icing on the cake. Stipe is gonna get washed too.

All people can hold against him are his antics outside of the sport, and the doping stuff.
this doesn't disqualify him?

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Met him and his brothers loooong time ago, great great dudes man.. Happy to see him get back on track, Im not the most into MMA but from what I know dude has been dominant for yearsss.. Very few people have done that

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
You should have seen how those braindead honkeys on Twitter and Reddit were talking for months going into this fight. :mjlol:

"Jones looks bloated and overweight. He's washed"

"Jones doesn't have the huge reach advantage over Gane like he usually has over other opponents"

"Look at how he struggled against Santos and Reyes. Gane is way more skilled than either of them"

Only for Bones to win in 2 min. :mjlol:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
jon-jones-jessie-moses-ufc-285-screenshot.jpg

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You should have seen how those braindead honkeys on Twitter and Reddit were talking for months going into this fight. :mjlol:

"Jones looks bloated and overweight. He's washed"

"Jones doesn't have the huge reach advantage over Gane like he usually has over other opponents"

"Look at how he struggled against Santos and Reyes. Gane is way more skilled than either of them"

Only for Bones to win in 2 min. :mjlol:
No one expected Gane to be this inexperienced and bytch made. I give Jones credit for showing up and facing the unexpected while acknowledging Gane has serious holes in his game that need to be addressed before he fights for a title again.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
I’d given up trying to say he wasn’t the goat around 2014/2015

The doping stuff is the only real objection that can be made against it.

But you’ve gotta factor in he was fighting people who were also on them pre usada “TRT and IV’s” during the bulk of his LHW run.

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The GOAT / Greatest conversation looks at outside the sport activities as inside the sport activities.
Jon's legal and drug abuse history makes it hard to be the GOAT because he lacks the image that would make him an aspirational character.
Jones accomplishments make him the BEST, but not the GOAT.
I don't think there is a MMA GOAT yet, closest is Khabib but he retired too early.

Bossyyyyy

All Star
Daps
this doesn't disqualify him?
I don’t think so personally. I’m under the belief that nearly every pro athlete is doping or finding ways to bend the rules. I’m also under the belief that PEDs should just be legal to begin