Jon Jones the GOAT in MMA?

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You should have seen how those braindead honkeys on Twitter and Reddit were talking for months going into this fight. :mjlol:

"Jones looks bloated and overweight. He's washed"

"Jones doesn't have the huge reach advantage over Gane like he usually has over other opponents"

"Look at how he struggled against Santos and Reyes. Gane is way more skilled than either of them"

Only for Bones to win in 2 min. :mjlol:
You could've read all that same shyt right here in The Coliseum

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
The GOAT / Greatest conversation looks at outside the sport activities as inside the sport activities.
Jon's legal and drug abuse history makes it hard to be the GOAT because he lacks the image that would make him an aspirational character.
Jones accomplishments make him the BEST, but not the GOAT.
I don't think there is a MMA GOAT yet, closest is Khabib but he retired too early.
I mean, Maradona was not an inspirational character outside of soccer and yet most or half or soccer fans considered him the goat along with Pele, pre-Messi

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Jones comes from a family of PEDs violators. Both his brothers popped for them (Chandler Jones, Arthur Jones).

To me that disqualifies him from the discussion. Sad part is (imo) Jon has never needed them.

He's the most Talented MMA fighter I've ever seen, but I can't call him the GOAT because of the juicing/substance issues.

Last edited:

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, Maradona was not an inspirational character outside of soccer and yet most or half or soccer fans considered him the goat along with Pele, pre-Messi
non PED drug abuse is a flaw that people have sympathy over. Jon's history of beating his gf, testing positive for a banned substance, hit and running a pregnant woman, etc are things people actively dislike.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps

Tbf that's what made Maradona even more of one of the GOATs to me. Was as fukked up in his personal life as a lot of folk are. No sugarcoating

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
cyril is supposed to be the 'new' prototype HW

so when i saw jon all bloated and out of shape, im like this is gonna take a couple of rounds....

.....he dusted him in 1 min. :picard:

he told stipe he's next. he finished his division before his 26 bday, then gained 30 pounds just to bully bigger people. who made him that way :picard:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
It's kind of unfortunate that him and Israel are most likely never going to fight now. I was a big fan of their beef a while back. But now that Izzy has been beaten twice and possibly a third coming up there's no chance Jon will give him the time of day. He lost that allure of being unstoppable now that he's been brought back down to earth in defeat.

Plus there's the weight class difference.

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
It's kind of unfortunate that him and Israel are most likely never going to fight now. I was a big fan of their beef a while back. But now that Izzy has been beaten twice and possibly a third coming up there's no chance Jon will give him the time of day. He lost that allure of being unstoppable now that he's been brought back down to earth in defeat.

Plus there's the weight class difference.
Please Jones would body Izzy, and I'm an izzy fan.