JSU players are PISSED at Coach Prime during his team Exit interview.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There is actual push back on politicians who do that, look how the coli talks Kamala and how she pandered to black women for a vote and did nothing, again the rub is, he did not have to talk that I’m here for changing the views of hbcu’s and we are just as good of a destination to turn around and jump ship, he could have said nothing, but he knew nikkas would support and it was a recruiting angle

I understand what you are saying. Perhaps that was how he felt when he accepted the job @ JSU. But, he changed his mind. People are allowed to do that. Just like the owner of the Titans did when she fired the GM a couple of days ago.

You have the right to feel how you feel about Deions decision, but @ the end of the day, he has the right to do what is best for him.

I don't know what Deion's ultimate goal is pertaining to coaching. He may wanna eventually become an NFL Coach and end up as a HOF Coach? I don't know??

I just don't agree that he is obligated to stay @ JSU for whatever he was being paid when he can get a bigger bag somewhere else. I think they he set a blueprint for JSU and now it is up to them to run with the blueprint planted by hiring a competent coach and recruiting staff to get quality players.

Deion may not do well @ Colorado and if that is the case then they will get rid of him.

That's the nature of the business..

I just want people to be fair across the board and stop holding Black coaches to expectations that they wouldn't do to anyone else. Let Deion do him whether you support his decision or not.

Just my take...

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah yeah yeah all this talk about what Deion did or what Deion didn't do and this a movement blah blah.

If this a movement and you so concerned then put your money where your mouth is. JSU (and other HBCUS) need fukking money and donations from Alums and from non alums. Cause they underfunded so if you angry use some of that anger and put your hands in your pocket and donate.

P.S. I been donating to JSU before Deion, during Deion and will after Deion. Not because I was getting something out of it. I was doing it cause it was the right thing to do and paying it forward.

So is this internet talk and fake outrage bytching about anything cause you want famous people to do what you ain't willing to do or are you really about this cause?

My wife and I just sent them a nice ass donation this week as we do every year.

You can give any amount $5, $10, $,20, $50, $100 and etc.

How to Give – JSU Development

https://fundraise.givesmart.com/form/34eUag?parent_id=443951&vid=w4twc

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why do people selective politic when it comes to coaches and players? People expect coaches and players to be loyal but don't hold the same expectation for schools and pro teams.

Had Deion Sanders had a bad record during his tenure @ JSU, then he would have been fired and people wouldn't say shyt.

Deion Sanders is only obligated to be loyal to himself. Seems like he did more than enough for JSU, saw a better opportunity and moved on...

JSU can still be a winning program. They need to learn from what Deion brought to the school and continue with their program.

Like I told idiots on here. These folks don't know shyt about JSU. JSU fukking fired a winning coach in Comegy who would have been a lifer cause he couldn't win more than 1 SWAC Championship even though he went to the Championship game multiple times. All cause the fans and alum wanted him gone. Then JSU brought in 3 other head coaches and fired them too after 2 years each. Fans and alums wanted them gone too.

The SWAC is cut throat they fire coaches left and right cause fans turn on coaches at the drop of the hat. shyt they fired APB coach on his off day this year and didn't let him say goodbye to the players. They fired the Bethune Cookman coach this year even though his team had been displaced for months due to hurricane storms.

These Presidents, ADs, fans and alums don't care about these coaches and players just winning and bragging about who the best SWAC team and who won the SWAC. Deion did JSU and the fans just like JSU/SWAC and the fans treat other coaches....used them up and dipped.

Last edited:

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Like I told idiots on here. These folks don't know shyt about JSU. JSU fukking fired a winning coach in Comegy who would have been a lifer cause he couldn't win more than 1 SWAC Championship even though he went to the Championship game multiple times. All cause the fans and alum wanted him gone. Then JSU brought in 3 other head coaches and fired them too after 2 years each. Fans and alums wanted them gone too.

The SWAC is cut throat they fire coaches left and right cause fans turn on coaches at the drop of the hat. shyt they fired APB coach on his off day this year and didn't let he say goodbye to the players. They fired the Bethune Cookman coach this year even though his team had been displaced for months do to hurricane storms.

These Presidents, ADs, fans and alums don't care about these coaches and players just winning and bragging about who the best SWAC team and who won the SWAC. Deion did JSU and the fans just like JSU/SWAC and the fans treat other coaches....used them up and dipped.

Thanks for sharing. Man, sports is a business like other industries and all of it is cut throat!

I can't say much about Deion Sanders situation @ JSU because I didn't follow his program, but I did speak a lil bit on some general knowledge about the workplace.

I have learned that most companies make decisions that is within their own best interest. Employees are hired to work as directed for the benefit of the company, but some employees have personal agendas and will get whatever they can to line themselves up for a better opportunity whether they move up with the company structure or take their expertise elsewhere.

Seems like some naysayers aren't being genuine with their gripe. People may not be privy to what goes on behind the scenes.

Deion probably felt that he can't grow his brand @ JSU and felt that Colorado was a better fit to get where he wanna go with his coaching career. That is his right!

I am sure that the things you shared has some truth to it, but I heard that someone violated Deion over there @ JSU and stole some personal items from him that held sentimental value. IMO, that alone would have me dip to keep it official...

Not gonna get to wrapped up in this because what was done is done. Deion off to Colorado, so I am curious to see how he does with his new team.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for sharing. Man, sports is a business like other industries and all of it is cut throat!

I can't say much about Deion Sanders situation @ JSU because I didn't follow his program, but I did speak a lil bit on some general knowledge about the workplace.

I have learned that most companies make decisions that is within their own best interest. Employees are hired to work as directed for the benefit of the company, but some employees have personal agendas and will get whatever they can to line themselves up for a better opportunity whether they move up with the company structure or take their expertise elsewhere.

Seems like some naysayers aren't being genuine with their gripe. People may not be privy to what goes on behind the scenes.

Deion probably felt that he can't grow his brand @ JSU and felt that Colorado was a better fit to get where he wanna go with his coaching career. That is his right!

I am sure that the things you shared has some truth to it, but I heard that someone violated Deion over there @ JSU and stole some personal items from him that held sentimental value. IMO, that alone would have me dip to keep it official...

Not gonna get to wrapped up in this because what was done is done. Deion off to Colorado, so I am curious to see how he does with his new team.

Yep you are so right. I have worked in corporate America for years and as you said industries will do what is best for them. College sports is the same way. Industries or college sports don't give a fukk what you say its about results or they will cut your throat.

If you are an employer its about results and that is all that matter. Whether you like Deion or not he exceeded his job requirements. An employer cares about an employee making them money, giving 100% effort, showing up to work and doing their job.

Deion did all of that. For all of Deion so called wrongs. In his professional sports and college sports careers he always gave his employer 100% effort, made his employer tons of money and a huge ROI, almost never missed work (shyt at JSU dude got off his death bed and came back to work after getting half his leg and 2 toes removed), made his employer richer than they were before Deion, and will make sure his employer wins more than he loses and many times make the employer the best in the business.

So as an employer Deion is like the best employee you can have....real talk. Cause he gonna take care of your bottom line and at the end of the day that is what employers care about not all that showman stuff.