Judge, Gary, and Executioner: 2018 New York Yankees Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
I'm preemptively throwing in the towel on Andujar's future here unless he's moving to LF (and if so, Jesus Christ at all these righty bats)

What middle of the rotation pitcher y'all think we're getting for Andujar?

Robbie Ray (Cashman hasn't traded with Arizona yet and I'm still waiting for Greg Bird to get dealt there)

Carlos Rodon (former top 5 pick, gets hurt a lot and throws hard?! Yup!)

Michael Fulmer (:scust:)

Zack Godley (another D-Back)

Luis Perdomo (Padres starter and they want Andujar bad)

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Posted this in the MLB Hot stove thread, but probably should be here.

I like the move. Tulo's real salary hit is being paid by Toronto. NYY got him on a vet minimum. He can serve as either SS (until Didi returns), or 3B when Didi returns, and we move Andujar to 1B, possibly to platoon with Bird. If Tulo isn't up to it, or balks at his planned usage, they can cut bait for a minimal hit for 2019.

If Tulo still has something in the tank, we got a steal for a year. This signing probably means no Neil Walker back tho and Tyler Wade goes back to AAA.

The elephant in the room is whether in 2019, the Steinbrenners give Cashman the green light to sign Machado and/or Britton or Robertson, as possibly signing Harper too. The money is not the issue, as much as the lengths of the prospective deals. We have an abundance of riches and if they buy YES back completely, they'll need premium Yankees' content to boost ratings. You'll need star power to reach that goal. The YES deal will pay for the luxury tax hit for Machado and Harper, if they go that way.

Once they get that done, then they could truly explore sending Gray and Andujar plus another prospect to Cleveland for Kluber, or maybe San Diego in a 3 way trade that would bring back another top-line SP.

Sounds far fetched, but not out of the question.

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm preemptively throwing in the towel on Andujar's future here unless he's moving to LF (and if so, Jesus Christ at all these righty bats)

What middle of the rotation pitcher y'all think we're getting for Andujar?

Robbie Ray (Cashman hasn't traded with Arizona yet and I'm still waiting for Greg Bird to get dealt there)

Carlos Rodon (former top 5 pick, gets hurt a lot and throws hard?! Yup!)

Michael Fulmer (:scust:)

Zack Godley (another D-Back)

Luis Perdomo (Padres starter and they want Andujar bad)

What are our trade pieces that you would give up for one of them?

I would make the any of following pieces available on the market for a high-end SP (Kluber, Degrom, Thor, etc...I don't know enough about Ray or Perdomo) , IF we sign Machado and/or Harper plus Robertson and Britton:

Andujar
Gray
Bird
Florial
Adams
Loisiaga (reluctantly)
Abreu
Acevedo

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So we gonna ignore Manny following the YES Network, then unfollowing?

Miggy is a goner. And Cashman is trying to get max value for him before announcing the Machado deal.

I would really prefer to keep Andujar long-term, esp. over the likes of Bird and Voit, but he is now our main trade chip, and possibly the only one who could bring back a top SP. Gleyber stays long-term and I could see him batting leadoff regularly in 2019. Florial is a wild card and hasn't progressed enough to make other teams move the needle.

I'm hoping for one of those "Evil Empire says eff it and flexes their muscle" offseasons, similar to 2009 when we got Teixiera, CC and AJ, after having gotten A-Rod. We'll never finish bad enough to get a top 5-10 MLB draft pick as several of the current top teams were able to do and rebuild, so we should resort to where we do have a significant advantage, $$$$$. For me, signing Machado AND Harper, signing 2 RPs , and trading for another top SP would make us legitimate contenders for the next 5 years, which is long enough to rebuild the farm system.

It's a pipe dream, I know, but it is definitely within the realm of possible.

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Britton back

3 years, $40 mil

Club option for the 4th year which could make it 4 years $50 mil which must be exercised after year 2. If not, Britton can opt out if he chooses.

I'm good with Britton at that deal. Missed on Robertson, sounds like they were low-balling him too.... 100% would've preferred DRob over Ottavino, who it appears is next up.

We're basically Boone-proofing the end of the game, pitching-wise. Chapman/Betances/Britton/Greene/Holder/German/and of Tarpley/Kahnle or Adams. It sounds more and more like Gray may stick around a bit longer while CC recovers from that minor heart surgery that recently occurred.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listen fellas

Sonny gray is stilll on the team
:mjlol:

D rob was a loss

But they aint signing anyone

Beats a blank

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Listen fellas

Sonny gray is stilll on the team
:mjlol:

D rob was a loss

But they aint signing anyone

Beats a blank

fukk it. Gray, Jacoby and toss in Bird in exchange for a listening session of that Wu Tang secret album that was sold for a million bucks. Make it happen Mitch