Jumping gigawatts they done made a prequel series around the autistic man on Big Bang Theory

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying BBT isn't funny SOLELY based on the fact it uses a laugh track? That's absurd.

Some shows use it, some don't. Seinfeld used it. Classic. Curb didn't. Also classic. But for the shows that choose to use it, yes there must be a pause to play the track so if you mute the track then obviously it's going to seem off.
Actually, that is exactly what i'm saying. I don't find it absurd at all because it's true. Have you seen any of Seinfeld's work outside of that show. None of it is funny, comedians in cars getting coffee trash. Standup forgettable. Even on Seinfeld he was the least funny person on the show. Laugh tracks are used to make things seem funny when they aren't.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Have you seen a standup act where the comedian is laughing at his own jokes so much but the audience clearly is isn't feeling it. Thats how BBT is .
Comedians have acknolwged this as a real technique to falsely enhance the comedy.
Why Do Comics Laugh at Their Own Jokes? It’s No Accident

"While much attention is paid to audience chortles, the laughter of the stand-up comic remains underexamined, despite being a critical part of the performer’s tool set. Laughter changes pacing, meaning and tone, and in part because of its use as a social signal, it can assist or even save a joke."

It an obvious marketing tool used to sell humor when it is lacking.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
Actually, that is exactly what i'm saying. I don't find it absurd at all because it's true. Have you seen any of Seinfeld's work outside of that show. None of it is funny, comedians in cars getting coffee trash. Standup forgettable. Even on Seinfeld he was the least funny person on the show. Laugh tracks are used to make things seem funny when they aren't.

So Martin wasn't funny breh? :martin:

Fresh Prince wasn't funny?

The Cosby Show wasn't funny? :what:

No sitcom from the 90's was funny? :heh:

Like I said... you're exposing yourself, breh. This has nothing to do with comedy anymore.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Like I said... you're exposing yourself, breh. This has nothing to do with comedy anymore.
:sas1:
The original bill cosby show didn't have a laugh track. shyt essentially had the same type of humor but got cancelled with a quicknesss because it wasn't funny.

Cosby himself said he didn't want to use a laugh track because "viewers were intelligent enough to find the humour themselves, without being prompted."

You're the one exposing yourself. :sas2:

Do any of those shows with the same jokes without prompting us to laugh and they would've been far less successful.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They went with the Wonder Years theme. Even the dad looks like the dad from Wonder years.

On the real, if you don't get Big Bang Theory you're lightweight exposing yourself as obtuse. :mjlol:
What is there 'to get' about this show? It posits itself as intelligent humor but it's really the same humor as 2 Broke Girls dressed in the garb of the science and tech world.

When seemingly intelligent people tell me that they like this show, I scratch my head in confusion.

Silicon Valley is what Big Bang theory aspires to be in the network tv realm

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
:sas1:
The original bill cosby show didn't have a laugh track. shyt essentially had the same type of humor but got cancelled with a quicknesss because it wasn't funny.

Cosby himself said he didn't want to use a laugh track because "viewers were intelligent enough to find the humour themselves, without being prompted."

You're the one exposing yourself. :sas2:

Do any of those shows with the same jokes without prompting us to laugh and they would've been far less successful.

This has nothing to do with your argument though. You said BBT wasn't funny "because it uses a laugh track."

By this logic, EVERY show that has ever used a laugh track isn't funny. Furthermore your position insinuates that Bill Cosby, himself, didn't find The Cosby Show funny. :what:

The truth of the matter is there is a direct correlation between intelligence and sense of humor and everything you post could be added to that study. Not only do you not get the jokes but then you're adding unintelligent commentary, backing up the claim.

He who laughs last didn't get the joke. Doesn't make the joke not funny, just makes that guy not too bright. :yeshrug:

What is there 'to get' about this show? It posits itself as intelligent humor but it's really the same humor as 2 Broke Girls dressed in the garb of the science and tech world.

When seemingly intelligent people tell me that they like this show, I scratch my head in confusion.

Silicon Valley is what Big Bang theory aspires to be in the network tv realm

And you never thought that maybe, just maybe, it's you? :patrice:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This has nothing to do with your argument though. You said BBT wasn't funny "because it uses a laugh track."

By this logic, EVERY show that has ever used a laugh track isn't funny. Furthermore your position insinuates that Bill Cosby, himself, didn't find The Cosby Show funny. :what:

The truth of the matter is there is a direct correlation between intelligence and sense of humor and everything you post could be added to that study. Not only do you not get the jokes but then you're adding unintelligent commentary, backing up the claim.

He who laughs last didn't get the joke. Doesn't make the joke not funny, just makes that guy not too bright. :yeshrug:

I already said this directly, This is literally the entire premise of my argument:what:
how does it now have nothing to do my argument when that is my argument? :dahell:

I literally just proved it. Two shows with near identical comedic writing and timing,one with a laugh track and one without one. (The Bill Cosby Show, The Cosby Show)The one without the laugh track is widely considered trash, the one with the laugh track is a "classic comedy".

Also, my post in no way made an insinuation that Bill Cosby didn't find his shows funny. where did that conclusion come from? :dahell:
I quoted his words which when summarized basically means that he thought his comedy would speak for itself without the laugh track.
Obviously that didn't work.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:patrice:Does your bookshelf proudly adorn The Hunger Games series as the pinnacle of your literary collection?

Asking for a friend:hubie:

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
I already said this directly, This is literally the entire premise of my argument:what:
how does it now have nothing to do my argument when that is my argument? :dahell:

I literally just proved it. Two shows with near identical comedic writing and timing,one with a laugh track and one without one. The one without the laugh track is widely considered trash, the one with the laugh track is a "classic comedy".

Also, my post in no way made an insinuation that Bill Cosby didn't find his shows funny. where did that conclusion come from? :dahell:
I quoted his words which when summarized basically means that he thought his comedy would speak for itself without the laugh track.
Obviously that didn't work.

Laugh tracks make things awkward, especially when taken away. Mainly because it's 100% unrealistic. But that's an independent clause as it pertains to whether a show is funny or not.

Quite frankly, I don't trust your opinion on funny because you've already taken the position that Martin isn't funny and now called The Cosby Show "trash"? If that's even what you meant but who really knows at this point? :heh:

Your original point that "anything with a laugh track is automatically not funny" coupled with your inability to grasp the comedic appeal of several renowned shows pretty much tells me all I need to know. :yeshrug:
:patrice:Does your bookshelf proudly adorn The Hunger Games series as the pinnacle of your literary collection?

Asking for a friend:hubie:

I honestly feel sorry for you because while you enjoy shows like The Wire, I'm intelligent enough to enjoy The Wire and Big Bang Theory, leaving me with much more entertainment. :blessed:

Sorry you don't get it.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Laugh tracks make things awkward, especially when taken away. Mainly because it's 100% unrealistic. But that's an independent clause as it pertains to whether a show is funny or not.

Quite frankly, I don't trust your opinion on funny because you've already taken the position that Martin isn't funny and now called The Cosby Show "trash"? If that's even what you meant but who really knows at this point? :heh:

Your original point that "anything with a laugh track is automatically not funny" coupled with your inability to grasp the comedic appeal of several renowned shows pretty much tells me all I need to know. :yeshrug:

I honestly feel sorry for you because while you enjoy shows like The Wire, I'm intelligent enough to enjoy The Wire and Big Bang Theory, leaving me with much more entertainment. :blessed:

Sorry you don't get it.
So I enjoy steak but you're smarter because you enjoy steak AND bologna? Got it

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Its CBS breh

They make up some bs ratings and say its the highest rated new show(even though you wont be able to find one person who watches it) or something like that and it'll run for 13 seasons

I still remember when they were trying hard to force that Mike and Molly show and it took 6 or 7 seasons before they finally cancelled that shyt

I think CBS is the first channel on most people's cable and antennas so some older people just turn the TV on and never change the channel during the day.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fresh Prince and martian had live studio audience.