Jussie Smollets role slashed on Empire

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
They'll lose even more if he stays. He's an affront to the very people he represents - gay black men.

I know Trai Byers (Andre) must be ready to kill this guy. He has given absolutely no fukks about this show ever since they killed off Anika, who was played by his real life wife Grace (the woman in my userpic). He wouldn't even promote his own show on social media. Everybody guessed that Andre was the brother in the casket, giving Trai a way out and Jussie even more yodeling time. No way Trai gets to leave now.
I used to watch the show, I got to like season 3 then dropped it. Too much bullshyt. Whole family backstabbing each other, plotting to kill one another. Hakeem slept with Onika (right?) when his father and her used to be together. Heard Luscious lost a leg or something smh.

I initially thought the show was about a black family running a record label and being music artists. But nah.. they didn't hesitate to introduce fukkery, killings, etc.

This is the show in a nutcase in the first 3-4 seasons. The Lyons family fight over power within the company and fight to stay relevant in the music industry.

A show where every character backstabs each other just isn't my thing.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Breh is gonna try to kill himself. Not much else he can do at this point. Ruined his career and reputation forever...there's no coming back from this. He can't even do some corny "hey I made mistakes in my past but here I am trying to rebuild my life" reality tv remakes in a few years. It's over. Forever.
:usure:
let's take it easy. ppl engage with minors, rape, assault and some more stuff and still have some semblance of a career. and worse comes to worst maybe he'll just accept being non-famous like the rest of his former acting siblings.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
jussie-smollet.jpg

The day after he was officially charged with filing a false police report, Jussie Smollett has been removed from the remainder of Empire‘s fifth season.

Fox announced the news in the following statement on Friday from Empire executive producers Lee Daniels, Danny Strong, Brett Mahoney, Brian Grazer, Sanaa Hamri, Francie Calfo and Dennis Hammer: “The events of the past few weeks have been incredibly emotional for all of us. Jussie has been an important member of our EMPIRE family for the past five years and we care about him deeply. While these allegations are very disturbing, we are placing our trust in the legal system as the process plays out. We are also aware of the effects of this process on the cast and crew members who work on our show and to avoid further disruption on set, we have decided to remove the role of ‘Jamal’ from the final two episodes of the season.”

The decision comes after the network and studio had continued to support Smollett, until his Thursday arrest prompted them to say they were “considering our options.”

Fox removes Jussie Smollett from final two episodes of 'Empire' season following arrest