Just bought a Playseat, Logitech G29 wheel, pedals, and shifter....

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I hope they refine the shyt out of Project CARS 3. 2 feels wildly inconsistent sometimes. It did give me the most satisfying overtaking experience though. Algarve with Group C cars. I was in the Jag LM Spec in second place. I'd been chasing down first place for a few laps after making a mistake. 2nd to the last lap I was on his ass into turn 1 and 2. We're going into the braking zone for turn 3 and I started to go around the outside. He faded to the left a little and I released some brake pressure and placed the car on the inside :banderas:. Smoothest move I ever made in my life :wow:. Between that Jag and the GT3 NSX, that's just about all I need.

PC2 is decent, but you occasionally get some really weird behaviour out of it... usually when you're about 5 corners away from a PB. :francis::russ:

GT4 is brilliant, but for some reason doesn't quite give me THAT feeling.:yeshrug:

The only one that has me looking over the aisle at XBox is Forza, but that's only because I want to be able to practise with my Golf R in between track days. The Audi S1 on PC2 is a half decent approximation though.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I've got the foldable Playseat (Challenge I think it's called?) which is actually surprisingly good and can get tucked away discretely too.

I own a shyt load of driving games, but I pretty much just end up firing up Project Cars 2 and ragging stuff round the Nurburgring every time. :wow::lolbron:

I think yours is similar to the one I have, Playseat Evolution, it folds but I just leave it setup in front of the couch. Fold it down when I wanna watch tv. Can't wait to get more games that use the setup.

In the process of building my gaming rig, ordered the same chip/MB as my photo/video rig. ASUS board came late via UPS and then was DOA when I hooked it up, back to them it went for warranty. Been clocking time on Gran Turismo 6.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
@Greenhornet @MMA Mo and the rest of racing gamers in this thread.

:salute:

Got my ASUS MB back (they did something with the bios, warrantied). Downloaded Forza Apex 6, Motorsport 7, and Horizon 4.

I wasn't ready :damn::damn:

The graphics :whew: (I can run some at 2550 x 1440 @ 70-90fps) I need to upgrade my GPU to run at native 4K and over 100fps .

The fukkin car list alone :ohlawd: (Got my Porsche Carrera GT in FM7)

Dolby 7.1 and Atmos on some games :noah:

Immediately packed up my PS3, games, controller, and cables and put it up for sale. I might never buy another console again.

I'm just getting started!!

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
@Greenhornet @MMA Mo and the rest of racing gamers in this thread.

:salute:

Got my ASUS MB back (they did something with the bios, warrantied). Downloaded Forza Apex 6, Motorsport 7, and Horizon 4.

I wasn't ready :damn::damn:

The graphics :whew: (I can run some at 2550 x 1440 @ 70-90fps) I need to upgrade my GPU to run at native 4K and over 100fps .

The fukkin car list alone :ohlawd: (Got my Porsche Carrera GT in FM7)

Dolby 7.1 and Atmos on some games :noah:

Immediately packed up my PS3, games, controller, and cables and put it up for sale. I might never buy another console again.

I'm just getting started!!
Its such a beautiful game
Horizon 4 has that dynamic weather system and season integration too

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Cop assetto Corsa (1 not 2) if you wanna experience the best drift experience.

:salute: already on Steam shopping

Its such a beautiful game
Horizon 4 has that dynamic weather system and season integration too

It really is, shyt is addicting.

This right here is next level..........

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Had to download Project CARS 2 again. Did a 45 minute GT3 race at Dubai ( :dame:) to get back in the groove. I gotta work on my consistency and following the racing line. I may load up a race with just me and one other AI driver at a higher difficulty so I can follow it around for a while :francis:. Although, even in real life when I did a lap and follow session I always had deviations from his line... but we was dropping the other students and I was trying to chase his ass down :lolbron:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Not bad at all. I'm eyeing the Forza wheel/shifter/pedals bundle for $1,500.
I priced out a full setup a little bit ago. DD2, v3 Pedals, table clamp, v2 formula rim for about 2400. If I was feeling more impulsive I would have pulled the trigger. Maybe I'll make it a Christmas gift to myself :yeshrug:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I priced out a full setup a little bit ago. DD2, v3 Pedals, table clamp, v2 formula rim for about 2400. If I was feeling more impulsive I would have pulled the trigger. Maybe I'll make it a Christmas gift to myself :yeshrug:

:whew: Sound like nice setup right there. I should have known the Logitech stuff was just the tip of the iceberg.

BeingBetter

Hope Your Day Gets Better !
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, USA
Fam, I been following these dudes Motion-Sim on YouTube for 8yrs, wanted the 1st one they made back then but that was $60K.....

I still want something similar, I think they have come down to under $10K. My Playseat setup in my OP will hold me over.

Imagine if that bytch tipped over and dude busted his ass on the floor :russ: