Just dropped a new soulful beat "Victory"

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Your beat is good yo . I think you can come down an octave with the piano, or bump it down a key whatever I’m not sure but it can be heavier or darker, that’s me in my opinion.

something I’ve tangled with mentally that you said, leaving the beat simple for the artist. A lot of times solely because I mostly intend to be the rapper, on my beats, I go ahead and add in effects or cuts or key points for the verse to grow or turn up. I’ve been told certain things can be jarring or chaotic though organized.

I also try different things in my beats just because I don’t put a box over anything creatively IE (unorthodox patterns, 3 different hats with a weird pattern maybe a flange, weird samples) and while I think it’s cool in the creative process, listeners may not get what purpose some things serve in a track...I noticed this by studying people that are in the studio when you are making a beat vs taking it to a listener who wasn’t there.
This for example I have chimes as a symbol of jewels being dropped in the verse or game being laid, truth being told then the sirens go off as a aye listen up as a sign of importance

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Let me know what you think about this beat guys. I kept this one simple so the artists can do their thing.

fukking Aye :mj:

Less is definitely more :king:

Your beat is good yo . I think you can come down an octave with the piano, or bump it down a key whatever I’m not sure but it can be heavier or darker, that’s me in my opinion.

something I’ve tangled with mentally that you said, leaving the beat simple for the artist. A lot of times solely because I mostly intend to be the rapper, on my beats, I go ahead and add in effects or cuts or key points for the verse to grow or turn up. I’ve been told certain things can be jarring or chaotic though organized.

I also try different things in my beats just because I don’t put a box over anything creatively IE (unorthodox patterns, 3 different hats with a weird pattern maybe a flange, weird samples) and while I think it’s cool in the creative process, listeners may not get what purpose some things serve in a track...I noticed this by studying people that are in the studio when you are making a beat vs taking it to a listener who wasn’t there.
This for example I have chimes as a symbol of jewels being dropped in the verse or game being laid, truth being told then the sirens go off as a aye listen up as a sign of importance

Can't front my older brother would love this shyt, as he doesn't have a deep voice, beats that give him enough room to function are perfect, he's uber technical so the right beat is important.

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
:picard:Your work is amazing bro. Love the minimalist prince style strumming just adding subtle drive/movement to the progression.