Just How important was “Whoa!” to Bad Boy Records?

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Of course RIP Black Rob. I was inspired to make this thread because I saw an old complex interview with the producer of this record Buckwild and he said this

“‘I told ya’ll this record is going to be crazy! All ya’ll nikkas slept on this record.’ That record kind of brought Bad Boy back. I think that was the first video, which Puff was actually in for a long time.”

He said that Whoa! Brought “bad boy back”. Do you agree or is he overstating this? If we agree and we were to rank the most important songs in the history of bad boy records where would “Whoa!” Land?

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Its like this. Bad Boy in 2000-03 was probably the last best years for the label, before Diddy showed off his horns and the third leg :dame:

Black Rob was supposed to drop in 97-98ish but "Diddy". So this song drops and changed the whole atmosphere for Bad Boy after Mase left, Biggie death, and the night club shyt. If it wasn't for that track, it would have been a wrap for the label as a whole. Thus allowing amazing music for the time:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
fuhk not just Whoa.. .. Not fuhk the song, but Diddy never talks about the really Blue collar albums or artists on Bad Boy

Gdep and Black Rob albums are right after Biggies. Shyne and Mase albums were forgettable to me.