Just Saw 12 years a Slave and I m furious

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
I haven't seen it. but I try to stay away from movies where blacks are "yessuh, massa" c00n-ass slaves and butlers and shyt. Yeah its good to be up on our history, but I still dont like to see it cuz it makes me mad.
That shyt will have you on the roof of walmart with a scope during black friday. You'll be aiming at the yt ones. Leave those films alone.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Yo said he furious at the fact that they showed what took place instead of being infuriated at the people that did the shyt lol

KYS

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I fukking hate slave movies.. the part where they praised the mixed daughter and shytted on real blacks pissed me off something serious too.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Saw the last 15 min of it on HBO and even that had me like :demonic:..

I REFUSE to watch this movie in it's entirety just so i can be pissed off even more. I could barely get through Selma...I only watched Rosewood once...I never watched Roots...

I mean iDGAF how many awards it got...I'm not gonna watch a FREE black man get drugged, kidnapped from his family, and forced into slavery for 12 fukking years to white people.

I pick Django over them movie ANY day...its fake yes..but at least it makes me feel better...

TheSpook

Banned
Daps
nikkas talkin about the movie was educational got embarrassed in this bytch. you dudes are weird to me.

TheSpook

Banned
Daps
Saw the last 15 min of it on HBO and even that had me like :demonic:..

I REFUSE to watch this movie in it's entirety just so i can be pissed off even more. I could barely get through Selma...I only watched Rosewood once...I never watched Roots...

I mean iDGAF how many awards it got...I'm not gonna watch a FREE black man get drugged, kidnapped from his family, and forced into slavery for 12 fukking years to white people.

I pick Django over them movie ANY day...its fake yes..but at least it makes me feel better...
Nah bruh, that fake shyt ain't cool either. We have plenty of history that can be made into sick ass movies. Where's the movie about African kings and queens battling white folks on some factual shyt? THAT will entertain me.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I was forced to watch this movie for a class as I avoided it for all these years. Half way through I am disappointed that Solomon has accepted his fate so quickly and fighting with Eliza who lost her children.