Justice Department Reopens Investigation Into Emmett Till’s Lynching Murder

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Hopefully, that old White bytch gets prosecuted. fukk that bytch :pacspit: She orchestrated the whole thing. RIP Emmett Till. This was my introduction into learning about the Civil Rights Movement. My parents told me about this murder.

Justice Dept reopens investigation into Emmett Till’s lynching murder

The federal government has reopened the investigation into the lynching murder of Emmett Till.

The Justice Department told Congress in a March report that the case would be reopened based on “new information,” although a cousin of the slain teen said she was not aware of the development until she was contacted by reporters, reported the Associated Press.

The 1955 murder of the black 14-year-old shocked the world and helped inspire the civil rights movement.

The federal report is sent annually to lawmakers under legislation bearing Till’s name, and this year’s report does not describe the new information that triggered the additional investigation.

However, the report came out after the publication of “The Blood of Emmett Till,” a book that reveals a key figure in the case admitted she had lied about the events that led to the boy’s murder.

Carolyn Donham, now 84 years old, admitted to author Timothy Tyson that she had lied during her testimony about Till grabbing her, whistling and making sexual advances at a store owned by her husband — who was charged with the teen’s murder.

Donham’s then-husband Roy Bryant and his half-brother J.W. Milam were charged with murder but later acquitted in Till’s slaying.

The men later confessed to killing the boy in a magazine interview but weren’t retried, and both men are now dead.

Justice Dept reopens investigation into Emmett Till's lynching murder

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Sessions, I know you ain't shyt but at least do something in the name of justice. :wow:
Sickens me that old bytch is still breathing. She was just as responsible for not stopping her husband/boyfriend and his accomplices. Evil world we live in :snoop:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I saw this when I woke up I hope something comes of it but she is at the end of her life and Emmits mother died I think over 10 years ago so it is much to late in the game.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Hopefully, that old White bytch gets prosecuted. fukk that bytch :pacspit: She orchestrated the whole thing. RIP Emmett Till. This was my introduction into learning about the Civil Rights Movement. My parents told me about this murder.
She's damn near dead breh.

Don't be a fool who is appeased by empty gestures and symbolic victories. The perps are mostly dead that is why they are doing this now. It doesn't matter...

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
This story alone should keep brehs away from white bytches...
EXACTLY. My parents call me militant for my stances, but I explain why. Besides work, you should stay far away from these types. PAWGS would get you hemmed up too. It's all Black and Afro-Latina over here. Only chicks I mess with.