Justice Department Tells North Carolina To Abandon Its Anti-LGBT Bathroom Bill — Or Else

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
BY ZACK FORD MAY 4, 2016 4:32 PM

Pat-McCrory-Golfing-1024x653.jpg

CREDIT: AP PHOTO/CHUCK BURTON

Gov. Pat McCrory (R) hitting from the rough during a golf tournament on Wednesday.

The U.S. Department of Justice has informed Gov. Pat McCrory (R) that North Carolina’s anti-transgender law, HB2, violates the federal Civil Rights Act. He has until Monday to provide assurances “that the State will not comply with or implement HB2.”

The letter sent to McCrory Wednesday explains that HB2, which among other things bans the use of restrooms by transgender people in accordance with their gender identities in all public schools and state buildings, violates both Title VII and Title IX. They protect against discrimination on the basis of sex in employment and education, respectively.

“Access to sex-segregated restrooms and other workplace facilities consistent with gender identity is a term, condition or privilege of employment,” the letter asserts. “Denying such access to transgender individuals, whose gender identity is different from the gender assigned at birth, while affording it to similarly situated non-transgender employees, violates Title VII.”

The letter also explains that because of the similar Title IX violations, North Carolina is at risk of losing its $861 million in federal funding for its schools.

If McCrory does not provide confirmation that HB2 will not be enforced, the Department of Justice could then begin taking actions against the state to overturn it. The Department of Education could follow suit by exercising its leverage over the state’s funding.

As of Tuesday, McCrory was still claiming that the law was not discriminatory. “This had to do with privacy,” he reiterated.

Justice Department Tells North Carolina To Abandon Its Anti-LGBT Bathroom Bill — Or Else

come get your state @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy!

live in the south, brehs @Serious @the next guy

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Good, this was the dumbest fukking issue to even care about. Every pol in NC who was supporting this Anti-LGBT bills need to be voted out of office.
Like there aren't more important things to worry about in the state.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BY ZACK FORD MAY 4, 2016 4:32 PM

Pat-McCrory-Golfing-1024x653.jpg

CREDIT: AP PHOTO/CHUCK BURTON

Gov. Pat McCrory (R) hitting from the rough during a golf tournament on Wednesday.

The U.S. Department of Justice has informed Gov. Pat McCrory (R) that North Carolina’s anti-transgender law, HB2, violates the federal Civil Rights Act. He has until Monday to provide assurances “that the State will not comply with or implement HB2.”

The letter sent to McCrory Wednesday explains that HB2, which among other things bans the use of restrooms by transgender people in accordance with their gender identities in all public schools and state buildings, violates both Title VII and Title IX. They protect against discrimination on the basis of sex in employment and education, respectively.

“Access to sex-segregated restrooms and other workplace facilities consistent with gender identity is a term, condition or privilege of employment,” the letter asserts. “Denying such access to transgender individuals, whose gender identity is different from the gender assigned at birth, while affording it to similarly situated non-transgender employees, violates Title VII.”

The letter also explains that because of the similar Title IX violations, North Carolina is at risk of losing its $861 million in federal funding for its schools.

If McCrory does not provide confirmation that HB2 will not be enforced, the Department of Justice could then begin taking actions against the state to overturn it. The Department of Education could follow suit by exercising its leverage over the state’s funding.

As of Tuesday, McCrory was still claiming that the law was not discriminatory. “This had to do with privacy,” he reiterated.

come get your state @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy!

live in the south, brehs @Serious @the next guy
The scary gays, brehs. Gays in the south, brehs.

Live down south, brehs!

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Hilarious how they try to twist this into "they're banning us from using the bathroom" which is not true...

This is basically what the law says

Transgender people who have not taken surgical and legal steps to change the gender noted on their birth certificates have no legal right under state law to use public restrooms of the gender with which they identify.

They're banning dudes with dikks from using the same bathroom little girls do...

Nobody said they can't use the bathroom other dudes with dikks do...

How is that not sensible and how the fukk is that a violation of anyone's civil rights?

Seriously what in the fukk is wrong with this country...scust...

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
They keep picking scapegoats and stupid motherfukkers keep falling for it. :snoop:

There is no epidemic of people who identify as transgender doing so in order to molest or assault anyone in a bathroom :dead: IN FACT, it's the exact OPPOSITE, trans people are being harassed and beat up in bathrooms :camby:

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
Hilarious how they try to twist this into "they're banning us from using the bathroom" which is not true...

This is basically what the law says

They're banning dudes with dikks from using the same bathroom little girls do...

Nobody said they can't use the bathroom other dudes with dikks do...

How is that not sensible and how the fukk is that a violation of anyone's civil rights?

Seriously what in the fukk is wrong with this country...scust...
Bro all guys like us can do is teach our kids. The world is in straight disarray.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
They keep picking scapegoats and stupid motherfukkers keep falling for it. :snoop:

There is no epidemic of people who identify as transgender doing so in order to molest or assault anyone in a bathroom :dead: IN FACT, it's the exact OPPOSITE, trans people are being harassed and beat up in bathrooms :camby:
The fear isn't about trannies molesting kids...

If you allow any man who wears a dress to go into the women's bathroom what is stopping a pedophile with the intent of molesting a child from taking advantage of that?

I can protect my son by accompanying him to the men's bathroom...I can't accompany my daughter to the women's bathroom...

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

If you allow any man who wears a dress to go into the women's bathroom what is stopping a pedophile with the intent of molesting a child from taking advantage of that?

I can protect my son by accompanying him to the men's bathroom...I can't accompany my daughter to the women's bathroom...

What's to stop a pedophile now?

Smarten up, Nas

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika

Why are you conflating crossdressing/transvestism and being transgender? They aren't the same thing.

Can you provide any instances of this happening on a wide enough scale (or at all, really) for this to be an actual social issue instead of transphobic scapegoating and hatemongering?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
What's to stop a pedophile now?

Smarten up, Nas
because currently if a man walks into the womens bathroom we question it...

smarten up RuPaul
Why are you conflating crossdressing/transvestism and being transgender? They aren't the same thing.

Can you provide any instances of this happening on a wide enough scale (or at all, really) for this to be an actual social issue instead of transphobic scapegoating and hatemongering?
How can you tell if an individual with masculine features dressed as a woman (makeup and all) truly identifies as a woman or is pretending to be one to gain access to the women's bathroom?

The law in question requires such individual to have proof that they really do identify as what they claim they are ensuring someone with demonic intentions doesn't slip through...

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
How can you tell if an individual with masculine features dressed as a woman (makeup and all) truly identifies as a woman or is pretending to be one to gain access to the women's bathroom?

The law in question requires such individual to have proof that they really do identify as what they claim they are ensuring someone with demonic intentions doesn't slip through...

I'll ask again: Can you provide any instances of this happening on a wide enough scale (or at all, really) for this to be an actual social issue instead of transphobic scapegoating and hatemongering?

There is no epidemic of men posing as transgender women to molest, assault, or otherwise bother women or girls. This is ridiculous.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Pedophiles only go after little girls now? Pedophiles are only men?

You're as dumb as dirt.
Where did I say or imply that you fukking retard? :dahell:

Did they not teach you what the meaning of the word "example" is in special ed?