Ka - Descendents of Cain (Discussion Thread)

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
Should be stickied, i'll listen to it later. I've only seen very positive feedbacks so far.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Just copped

Giving this and Ka's suggested 'Metal Clergy' album a spin when I work out later :blessed:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Does the wav download from his website include artwork or should I wait for iTunes

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Didn't think there were any features on this album.
Then I hear Marci drop verse of the year on Sins Of The Father.

That shyt had me like :ohhh::gladbron::wow::ohlawd::banderas:

KA and Marci going back and forth on the hook :damn:

The sequence of the last 3 tracks is incredible :whew:

The sample selection was also dope and really drove the theme of the album home.
:damn:

I'm about to listen

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
After two listens, i can say thats the best rap album of the year and my favourite Ka album so far.

Amazing from beginning to end. Some of the best beats he ever rhymed on and he made most of them so its even more impressive.
The production really fits the themes of the album, a pure work of art.
Of course he brought his A-game lyrically and a little decyphering will be needed.
The surprise guest killed it as well.

4.5/5.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
After two listens, i can say thats the best rap album of the year and my favourite Ka album so far.

Amazing from beginning to end. Some of the best beats he ever rhymed on and he made most of them so its even more impressive.
The production really fits the themes of the album, a pure work of art.
Of course he brought his A-game lyrically and a little decyphering will be needed.
The surprise guest killed it as well.

4.5/5.
better than grief pedigree?!

:leon:

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
KA keeps getting better each release, another perfectly crafted project. Have a hard time doing rankings with his catalog outside of Iron Works, which isn't bad at all, but Grief Pedigree and up are all on a different level

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
If Westside Gunn's work is the sonic version of a neon Takeshi Murakami piece, this shyt is the audio equivalent of statues carved out of marble. :wow:

I might be alone in thinking this, but I think Ka's live show should be some art installation shyt, with films based on the subject matter of each album playing behind him (eg Throne Of Blood for Honor Killed The Samurai or The Manchurian Candidate for Dr. Yen Lo) All his music is super vivid too, on some mahogany shelf library shyt, and the lack of drums makes it sound like a film score anyway :ehh:

I'm saying - I'd pay $30 to sit in a darkened auditorium off the edibles and watch the OG 'Clash Of The Titans' on a movie screen as Ka stands in a spotlight and reads the bars from 'Orpheus Vs The Sirens' from a giant scroll :manny:

For this album too.

I'm just gonna keep asking for this until it happens, one day when we can go outside again.:mjcry:

Last edited:

grazazaza

Ruff Draft
Daps
You’re heartless if I Love (mimi, moms, kev) doesn’t move you

Showed me love when all i seen was hate, said i was special, to impress you, wanted to be seen as great, here’s my kiss thank you for the unconditional, and though i might not see you as much i’m always missing you

:mjcry: :mjcry: