Veteran
Daps
ad2l6l3owtz91.jpg

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder if any of the Nas Album Done material will be released or if they will just release the whole project.

I always wondered why Nasir took priority over Nas Album Done, but it seems like Nas and his team didn't want to give Def Jam that kind of heat, which would explain why Lost Tapes 2 sounds like it sounds even though there was heat on there. It is kind of opposite of the first Lost Tapes, which was all fire album cuts that never made an album for whatever reason.

I'm completely over the Nasir album.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This is EXACTLY what she said on Twitter spaces except some stuff is worded kinda wrong.

-She didn’t say Kanye prioritized Pusha over Nas. She said that Pusha’s album had the most time put into it because they’d already been working on it PRIOR to the Wyoming sessions. Pusha’s album was pretty much already done. Kanye basically put himself in a corner by announcing release dates before everybody else’s albums had even been started. So he had no beats to send Nas because he was furiously working on the other projects

-All the stuff posted about Nas being mad with Kanye and Kanye saying to Nas “You’re the GOAT! This is light work for you.” Is true. Nas recording in a makeshift studio in the back of a car after the Nasir QB listening event is true. Kanye not sending Nas beats until 4 days before release is true.

-Nas didn’t owe Def Jam another album because Nasir was a “fiasco” sales wise. It was the opposite. She said that Nasir actually sold pretty well and Def Jam wanted another album from Nas and wouldn’t let him use unreleased DJ material for Lost Tapes unless he released it through them so they cobbled together Lost Tapes 2. It wasn’t the “worst” cuts but there are more, better songs including big features that Nas plans to release at a later time.

-She said “Nas Album Done” was shelved long before Nasir was a thing. I asked her that DIRECTLY. She said Nas tends to change his mind often and music that he works on that he’s feeling one month might not be the vibe he’s on even a week or two later.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This is not new or surprising info if anyone followed how the album was being put together in real time and I even said back then this is clearly an album that was done in a few days and if you remember that Insta story with all the albums on the board and songs completed, only Pusha and the Kids See Ghost album looked like they were given the most time on and completed a week before the month roll out. I was looking at Nas and Kanye's board and there was only like one or two songs and I was like "uuuuh whats going on"
Then I read he redid Ye that week of its release and never ever saw Nas post or acknowledge the album until the day before and I was like "Is this even coming out?", then Kanye tweeted ON THE TUESDAY BEFORE FRIDAY'S RELEASE "Yeah me and Nas are working on some things" lol. Once the album was still being mixed after midnight I knew what was up

Then nas confirmed twice in later interviews (even one that summer) they did in a short time and was no secret

Only new info here is he made him still record songs on the way to the listening party:pachaha:

Kanye is an all time crook.