Karl Malone says Zion needs to get into shape

jelanitsunami

i got like 6 names I can be anybody
Daps
It’s more about mileage than conditioning. These kids growing up in the AAU/personal trainer at a young age era play more organized hoop at a young age compared to previous generations and a lot of them come into the league with pre existing injuries from overextending themselves.

Also f*ck Karl Malone forever

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
What’s crazy is, I remember an old Sports Illustrated piece on Karl, and he actually said the opposite about Lucas. I remember clear as day, he said that Lucas was the first to try to intimidate him, so during the game he caught a hard dunk close to Lucas and screamed, “I won’t be intimated!”. I promise you he said that. Lol!

It's from this one:

DOES HE EVER DELIVER!

Shortly after the Mailman came into the league out of Louisiana Tech in 1985, he was upbraided on the court by Maurice Lucas, formerly the league's enforcer extraordinaire. "Stop going over me," growled Lucas, "before I hurt you." And what did Malone say to that? "Nothing. I came down and dunked on his bean." When you've put rings in the snouts of 200-pound razorback hogs, as the Mailman did as a teenager, the Maurice Lucases of this world don't seem bad. "Nobody's tried to intimidate me since," says Malone. "I can play that kind of game too. If you want that."

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't take advise from a child rapist:sitdown:
You’re not taking relationship or child rearing advice from him. It’s BASKETBALL dummy.

You’d actually be a fool as an athlete to not at least take into consideration the advice of someone who stayed in prime physical condition for two decades and is the second greatest scorer in history.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You’re not taking relationship or child rearing advice from him. It’s BASKETBALL dummy.

You’d actually be a fool as an athlete to not at least take into consideration the advice of someone who stayed in prime physical condition for two decades and is the second greatest scorer in history.
It is hard for people to separate them.

Both things could be true.
Karl Malone is probably a bad person.
He was also a tremendously gifted and dedicated basketball player.