Kate Spade found dead, suicide by hanging

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
Yikes! I didn't know this was about the designer at first. Wonder what she was stressing over?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
If there are now millions where there are pennies, that man can go anywhere he pleases when he was once restricted to city he grew up in. Happiness can be a byproduct of the money, but it is a still an effect of the freedom that money affords, and thereby related.

Okay see, that's not what I said.

Happiness is not a byproduct of money - Happiness is a byproduct of what you do that satisfies you.

It just so happens that most people think the things that satisfy them the most can be obtained easiest with more money. That's not necessarily the case, and many people find this out the hard way. The contrast to this is that there are people who have "pennies" who are happy, because they still get to do what they find satisfying.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
Word... she lived on Park Avenue, had over 150 million in the bank, could do anything she wanted in this life and was not even 60 yet. Goes to show, it's so much more to life than just money, fame, broads and we have to find the things that WE truly value and not what society says to value. I think this is why so many rich and famous people kill themselves because they get those things we all feel like we have to attain and once they have them, they see that is not fulfilling to them. We all have things that are of value and matter to us. Nurture those things, find goals, work to achieve them and try to be good to people, even in the smallest ways.

Facts

You broke or middle class and chase money thinking it’ll make you happy, then you get money and still aren’t happy?

I’d feel like happiness will never come at that point

Daps
Okay see, that's not what I said.

Happiness is not a byproduct of money - Happiness is a byproduct of what you do that satisfies you.

It just so happens that most people think the things that satisfy them the most can be obtained easiest with more money. That's not necessarily the case, and many people find this out the hard way. The contrast to this is that there are people who have "pennies" who are happy, because they still get to do what they find satisfying.

Almost anything people derive happiness from - food, travel, knowledge, hobbies, etc. - is easier to obtain with wealth. The idea that wealth doesn't pave the way for an easier path to happiness is false, imo.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
Money isolates bruh. The very thing you chase to gain acceptance
ends up causing more alienation.

yup

some of the most unhappy people i know or have known are very wealthy

the first time i moved to florida, i was seeing this guy whos family was rich. he spent his youth and teens in boarding school. he was a very depressed person and an alcoholic. a lot of his friends were rich people and it actually made him feel very alone as he ever wasn’t really sure if his friends were only his friends because of his status and if girls were only interested for the same reasons. he felt like his family only showed him love and affection through money.

my aunt is pretty wealthy now because of the work her husband does. she lives in a beautiful home on the inter coastal across from the road tiger woods, celine dion etc lives on. she’s an alcoholic and is always getting botox, feels like she has to wear expensive designer etc to keep up with that class she’s become apart of. she’s more self conscious and unhappy now than she ever was when she was poor or struggling

wealth brings a whole other plethora of problems, insecurities etc

we view it through a lense of envy and rose colored glasses but don’t ever consider the negatives. poor and middle class people envy rich for being able to just go on vacations and do whatever they want without having to worry about how it will affect their pockets. but we don’t consider that to them, that’s regular shyt. it’s their norm. and they probably wish they could find happiness in just the simple shyt. they won’t ever have appreciation and enjoyment of simple things or things that the poor and middle class will with things we had to compromise with and be creative about as children in terms of hobbies and finding enjoyment.

when you’re that wealthy and have access to every single thing, your expectations are higher and it takes more to impress you. a rich person and someone born into wealth won’t be able to appreciate simple shyt like those who aren’t rich can.

Last edited: