Katsuyori Shibata. The last true king of Strong Style

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
His finial match is iconic and legendary

Dude had a serious catalogue before that, but yeah - that last match has to be in my all time Top 5.

We got denied a great story of him eventually retiring Suzuki, while Murda Mi$u tries to recruit him to the :demonic:side and Ishii is on his Ben Kenobi shyt trying to convince Shibata that he can just be :birdman:instead and remain an honourable man.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
#GoonGod

First time I saw him, he was wrestling Ishii.

There was no way in the world you could tell me that they didn't hate each other :mjgrin:
The start of their G1 Climax 23 match is legendary. The intensity was so insane they got the whole crowd looking like :krs: before the bell rung just from their fighting stances. And then the bell rings.

Mr. Negative

Tell The Gang I'll Never Break My Promise, Mayne
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
The start of their G1 Climax 23 match is legendary. The intensity was so insane they got the whole crowd looking like :krs: before the bell rung just from their fighting stances. And then the bell rings.

that match solidified my love for New Japan PPVs. This and Ibushi/Nakamura

shyt just seemed.... otherworldly and brutal

Like.... the wrestling was still there, but they came to FIGHT :mjgrin:

You didn't even have to know about some backstory or storyline. Who is the face and who is the heel? What the hell is the announcers even saying?

Nah here's two cats trying to beat the shyt out of each other until one of them doesn't get up