Kawhi Leonard is the 2015 Defensive Player of the Year

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
e40-png.677

I fully expect Draymond to have a MONSTER game tonight.....
Snub game finna be whoa :banderas:

Daps
Why didn't he ? RAPM says he's the best defender in the league and I agree :manny:

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ratings/RAPM_2015.html
Green defended bigs, wings and PGs and was the defensive leader of the #1 defense in the league. He deserved it. Not taking anything away from what Kawhi accomplished this season, but it's befuddling that some voters didn't even have Green in their top three. He should have been in EVERYBODY's top three.
I can't fault Warriors fans and observers for feeling like Green got robbed here. He was the linchpin of Golden State's swarming switch-everything defense, whose ability to handle opposing guards in pick-and-rolls, hold up against burlier bigs on the block and track mobile floor-spacers out on the perimeter helped the Warriors' defense remain elite even with Bogut missing 15 games and playing just under 1,600 minutes. The Warriors' already No.-1-with-a-bullet defense (98.2 points allowed per 100 possessions) was even more ruthless with Green on the floor (96 points-per-100) and comparatively pedestrian without him (102.1 points-per-100, which would've tied for 12th among 30 NBA teams this season).

It wasn't just team success, either. Green was a supremely productive individual defender, too, falling just one rejection short of being the third player in the league to post at least 100 blocks and 100 steals this season, joining Davis and the Philadelphia 76ers' Nerlens Noel. He made life miserable on his opponents — nobody who defended at least 100 isolations allowed fewer points per possession than Green; he turned in a top-20 mark in defending the post despite giving up size and length every single night and forced turnovers on the league's third-highest share of opposing post-ups, according to Synergy Sports Technology's game-charting data. He was smart, he was mean, he was everywhere and — perhaps most importantly — he was available, suiting up for 15 more games and logging nearly 460 more minutes than Leonard.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...s-draymond-green-in-close-vote-163943224.html

That's why Draymond deserved it. Plus he got more first place votes.:manny:

Last edited:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
That's why Draymond deserved it. Plus he got more first place votes.:manny:
Draymond 11th in Rbs, 16th steals
5th in DRPM
11th in RPM
7th in WAR
4th in Defensive Rating
2nd in Defensive Win Shares

vs

Kawhi lead the league in steals per game at 2.3,
2nd in DRPM
2nd in RPM
7th in WAR (missing 18 games)
1st in Defensive Rating at 96.4
6th in Defensive Win Shares

stats speak for themselves :manny:

Daps
Draymond 11th in Rbs, 16th steals
5th in DRPM
11th in RPM
7th in WAR
4th in Defensive Rating
2nd in Defensive Win Shares

vs

Kawhi lead the league in steals per game at 2.3,
2nd in DRPM
2nd in RPM
7th in WAR (missing 18 games)
1st in Defensive Rating at 96.4
6th in Defensive Win Shares

stats speak for themselves :manny:

Why did you mention RPM? That's not a defensive stat.

Some of those metrics are fundamentally flawed, that they don't give you a complete picture of defensive impact. And are you really gonna reference steals? :usure:

When you put into perspective that Draymond was defending EVERY single position on the floor effectively; it's amazing he still rated so high, you'd think defending Cs who had 40lbs and at least a couple of inches on him, it would alter his statistical readings considerably. But they didn't.

Being the best defender on the #1 defensive team, playing 460 more minutes > the small margin between Leonard and Green on defensive metrics that are flawed.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Why did you mention RPM? That's not a defensive stat.

Some of those metrics are fundamentally flawed, that they don't give you a complete picture of defensive impact. And are you really gonna reference steals? :usure:

When you put into perspective that Draymond was defending EVERY single position on the floor effectively; it's amazing he still rated so high, you'd think defending Cs who had 40lbs and at least a couple of inches on him, it would alter his statistical readings considerably. But they didn't.

Being the best defender on the #1 defensive team, playing 460 more minutes > the small margin between Leonard and Green on defensive metrics that are flawed.

Stop crying like a bytch

Daps
Draymond Green. :laff: players aren't losing sleep over getting defended by draymond green. FOH. I'm sick of hearing that bum's name.
He's holding Davis to ridiculously low percentages when guarding him in this series. I'm sure AD is mindful whenever he sees Green is shadowing him.

Daps

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Also, i guess no one is going to read this post since the thread is dying but I'm watching last night's memphis-portland game right now during half time and Green and Kawhi are nice but Tony Allen is the best defensive player and has been for probably a good part of his career

I remember him coming into games and getting some nice defensive rotations and steals his 2nd year in Boston so ya.