Daps
Reppin
NYC
I was playin pool with my boy the other day and a mutual friend came up. I told him that's my boy and all but I don't chill with him as much because he be talkin sideways and I was gonna snuff him eventually. He said "Yeah...but at least he keeps it real though."

My phone died on the train (Manhattan to Queens :mjcry:) so this shyt just had me thinking. What y'all think? Is there a line between someone being real with you vs talkin reckless?

King Jae

Banned
Daps
No such thing... Everybody real til they say sumn u don't like....sometimes u can go overboard tho...

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keeping it real is a lot different than talking shyt. Keeping it real would be saying how you feel deep down or admitting something that might get you looked down on. Talking shyt is just someone saying nonsense. You can talk a lot of shyt about how you're gonna whip somebodys ass talking side ways but could keep it real by saying you can't fight or that you werent serious about punching him because you aren't down with violence or you dont want those problems.

Keeping it real is rare these days because a lot of that involves someone taking a loss usually the person that's saying it. Folks will convince themselves of their own lies because of pride and shame. Folks can do it nowadays because they don't get held accountable for their words.

Last edited:

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
I'm one of them dudes thats keeps it real :yeshrug:

people fukk with me because i'm a man of my word, i'm genuine and not with the bullshyt tho.

If i say something i do it, and i don't believe in excuses

i'm just a no nonsense kinda nikka

one thing iv learned over the years is, you can't be that way with women tho.

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FAM of you keep it real then your gonna be seen as a dikkhead and talking reckless. If you ain't noticed real shyt ain't the popular opinion these days.