Keighley wins: E3 is cancelled permanently

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thats not what it was to the majority of us
That's not what it was to you. Stuff like Nintendo Treehouse doesn't happen at The Game Awards. You aren't getting a week's worth of off screen footage of new games and impression writeups / videos from journalist at The Game Awards. It's just a bunch of trailers with a bolted on award show. Hell if you want a trailers show Summer Game Fest is that without the award show added to it.

Gamescom needs to take this and make it their moment because there's a real opportunity for them. It's the unquestionable major game show now.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's not what it was to you. Stuff like Nintendo Treehouse doesn't happen at The Game Awards. You aren't getting a week's worth of off screen footage of new games and impression writeups / videos from journalist at The Game Awards. It's just a bunch of trailers with a bolted on award show. Hell if you want a trailers show Summer Game Fest is that without the award show added to it.

Gamescom needs to take this and make it their moment because there's a real opportunity for them. It's the unquestionable major game show now.

times have changed, you will never get E3 without a Nintendo and Sony presence no matter how many other publishers you get

TGA is the only place where every publisher shows up with something

parallax

Superstar
Daps
This is a sad day as a gamer, but I knew it was coming. I mean everyone who paid attention did. I'm just glad I was able to go before it was over.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
People think E3 was one show and not a week long convention still. E3 was a place not a one off event. So no Geoff didn't kill it. Nintendo started this with Directs instead of conferences(everyone else followed suit) and covid killed what was left of this kind of convention.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
People think E3 was one show and not a week long convention still. E3 was a place not a one off event. So no Geoff didn't kill it. Nintendo started this with Directs instead of conferences(everyone else followed suit) and covid killed what was left of this kind of convention.

And yet PAX, GameSpot. TgS, etc exist

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nintendo was still at E3 pretty much every year. It's just that the directs ended up having arguably more reach than them being at E3 to the general public. As time went on it was inevitable someone would ask why spend all this money to be here when a simple video can do just as much if not more. That someone was Sony.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Only problem I had with E3 was the plethora of game trailers being thrown at us. If you didn't have any gameplay demos, then you should've stayed the f home. That's why that whole FF16 showcase was so special, then to release the demo the night of. :wow:

RIP tho