Keith Olbermann suspended from ESPN(returning next week)

Forlife44

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keith Olbermann off air after tweets

Keith Olbermann will not host his show for the rest of the week, ESPN said Tuesday, because of tweets critical of Penn State and its annual THON fundraiser.

"We are aware of the exchange Keith Olbermann had on Twitter last night regarding Penn State," ESPN said in a statement. "It was completely inappropriate and does not reflect the views of ESPN.

"We have discussed it with Keith, who recognizes he was wrong. ESPN and Keith have agreed that he will not host his show for the remainder of this week and will return on Monday.

"The annual tradition of THON and the efforts of the students of Penn State to fight pediatric cancer should be applauded."

Olbermann apologized in a tweet Tuesday.

THON is an IFC/Panhellenic dance marathon at Penn State, which since 1977 has raised more than $127 million for the Four Diamonds Fund at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital, according to the THON website. The most recent marathon took place Friday to Sunday and raised $13 million.
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/...critical-penn-state-twitter-do-show-rest-week

Pdiddy

Superstar
Daps
Isn't that dude gay?....Cacs are gay by nature...so it's hard to tell sometimes

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Olbermann went too far in criticizing Penn State students, I did not believe he was attacking THON. My thing is that Penn Stater was bragging about THON when she tweeted it to Olbermann. I've been to THON the years I was at Penn State and always supported how they raise money for pediatric cancer. But, I noticed how entitled and borderline arrogant some Penn Staters have gotten about it showing either Penn State is still a good university (which it is) or that they are better than other universities because of it. Overall, I think Olbermann needs to relax of the Penn State cynicism and Penn Staters need to realize it will take decades before it's reptuation is fully restored and THON won't necessarily change that.

Pesci

Architect
Daps
the whitewashing that penn state has been attempting over the past few months is pretty shameful

i think it's hilarious that olbermann loves burning them