Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don’t think Kendrick would show up at Dreamfest for anybody for any reason. Kendrick has made it clear in my opinion he wants to fly solo. I don’t think he’d be sending DIRECT disses at Cole if he planned on attending his festival a scant few weeks later. Especially when its the best time for Cole to respond

For the time being Kendrick wants no parts of the “big 3” talk so he won’t directly or indirectly align himself with either. I also don’t see why he’d want to pop up on behalf of any TDE artists considering he’s no longer affiliated with the label.
Kendrick was hanging with Devin Malik and some other TDE guys in their studio a few days before the Future album dropped (Malik posted pics on Twitter). Sure he’s not on the label anymore but they still fukking with each other.

@Long Live The Kane not saying Cole won’t perform it. Just that it’s gonna be awkward saying that line now. Does he change the line live? Leave out Kendrick’s name? I wanna see lol. And if he performs it with Drake again how does that go. Nobody is over stating anything, but how can you deny he dropped a grenade on that shyt lol.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The only reason Dot wouldn't show up is because by the time of the festival he'd be going into his roll out.

Cole is 100% going to continue to do FPS, he's just going to switch the bars up to cleverly exclude Dot - I suspect that's all you're going to get in a response anytime soon.

The public created this narrative that Dot doesn't want anything to do with TDE. He 100% would pop-out to do something with a TDE artist. If you listen to anybody over there, from the CEO to the artists, they all still got nothing but good things to say and they still talk like family should.

He wouldn’t pop out to do something with a TDE artist AT the festival of man he just threw down the gauntlet towards is what i’m saying. It wouldn’t make any strategic sense for him as he’s not gaining anything as he’s no longer on the label whilst Cole would be gaining something. Especially if Cole plans to respond at said festival. Kendrick has literally drawn a land in the sand with Cole & Drake on one side and himself on the other. Showing up to Cole’s festival a few weeks after telling both of them on wax that he doesn’t, wouldn’t, nor ever did need them around would be counterproductive

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
You think J Cole, never performs the biggest song of his career ever again ….because of the thunderous impact of “ain’t no big 3 it’s just big me”

:mjlol:

The discussion over this shyt has reached absurdity…I hate what diss tracks do to you nikkas

FPS is not the biggest songs of Coles career, it's his first number 1 but biggest is not even close.

"Middle Child" is damn near Diamond and "No Role Modelz" is 6x Platinum. He has a gang of hits.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are people even discussing how long it took to make a song in 2001 to how long it takes in 2024? When Nas was creating "Ether", I doubt he was thinking about how long it took. We don't know how long it took. Nas dropped the song to ensure it was released on Jay's birthday. "Ask Nas, he don't want it with Hov" was bait and Nas admitted that after he dropped the "Stillmatic Freestyle". We also got "The General" in response to Jay's disses before he dropped "Ether".

And even in 2001, it was nothing to drop a new record. You know how many un-mixed/un mastered songs made it to mixtapes, mix shows, and even radio during that era? Everybody wanted an exclusive regardless of how it sounded.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Why are people even discussing how long it took to make a song in 2001 to how long it takes in 2024? When Nas was creating "Ether", I doubt he was thinking about how long it took. We don't know how long it took. Nas dropped the song to ensure it was released on Jay's birthday. "Ask Nas, he don't want it with Hov" was bait and Nas admitted that after he dropped the "Stillmatic Freestyle". We also got "The General" in response to Jay's disses before he dropped "Ether".

And even in 2001, it was nothing to drop a new record. You know how many un-mixed/un mastered songs made it to mixtapes, mix shows, and even radio during that era? Everybody wanted an exclusive regardless of how it sounded.
Because Drake was talking about how it took too long for Meek Mill to respond (4 days)

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
If J Cole don't put up a fight I'm going to be disappointed. Idgaf about Drake, he can go build a bear in the kids table:heh:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because Drake was talking about how it took too long for Meek Mill to respond (4 days)

I get that and of course that's valid, but people talking about you can record music in a closet as if it applies. How fast you can create a song and upload it doesn't apply. Has he even recorded a response? If he has a record how is he planning on releasing it?

Yes, he applied pressure to Meek. Now he gets to see what that feels like. And of course, the response record has the greater anticipation and higher expectation. The most calculated rapper of his era knows any miscalculation with his next move is crucial to his career.

Feed-Me

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get that and of course that's valid, but people talking about you can record music in a closet as if it applies. How fast you can create a song and upload it doesn't apply. Has he even recorded a response? If he has a record how is he planning on releasing it?

Yes, he applied pressure to Meek. Now he gets to see what that feels like. And of course, the response record has the greater anticipation and higher expectation. The most calculated rapper of his era knows any miscalculation with his next move is crucial to his career.
Most calculated? He isn't though. He got the computers computing when he did that LeBron interview? He just got lucky and steamrolled Meek. One solid move in over a decade. Now the wolves are circling and he's coming across as terrified. The boy Drake can't do it. We seen him on the blackberry. We seen the tuna sandwich video. Ja couldn't beat 50 either. Nothing wrong with bowing down and accepting the run is over like ja did and Drake doing now.