Kevin Hart is more a glorified story teller than comic

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
STFU

And nikkas love to throw the word "hate" out there willy nilly. I clearly stated that Kev is my nikka in the initial post, but he can be much more if he wasnt one dimensional. I dont want every stand-up he does to have him re-inacting something somebody else did and saying "Alright yall don't make me laugh"

"The reason why..."

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I think Kevin Hart is funny :yeshrug:

I think Dane Cook is funny :manny:

:yes:

Yup, I enjoy all types of comedy. Trying to discredit a comdian by calling him a storyteller, may litteraly be the dumbest most uninformed post I've seen in these forums outside of KTL.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Some of the best comedians are funny through stories. Look at Dave Chappelle.

Dane Cook funny? :snoop:

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
Some of the best comedians are funny through stories. Look at Dave Chappelle.

Dane Cook funny? :snoop:

Yes. But what part of diversity arent you nikkas getting? These guys are good story tellers, but that isnt ALL THEY DO

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Yeah, he kinda OD'd with that on the last special.

The whole "You gon learn today" & "Awight, Awight, Awight, Awight" deal was funny at first.

But he kept just beating us over the head with it so that it stopped being funny after while.

But I'm sure like most black comedians ocne he is eating good off these movies he'll chill on doing the stand up stuff anyway

Kemyran

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
I think he's funny. Nothing wrong with his storytelling as they are peppered with jokes along the way and end on a nice punchline.

I really don't see any problem with what he does. He's been in the game for a minute now but he's only fairly recently getting shine.

No comedian can be all things to all people. Sure he's a little over-animated at times but a lot of people dig the more physical style of comedy. He stays in his lane and has been doing quite well. I don't see the issue and I don't see people getting tired of his stuff anytime soon.

Also, people like to use Dane Cook as a punchline..... the dude can still go book Madison Square Garden this weekend and have it sell out. He makes thousands of people laugh. Not all comedians can do that.