Kevin Hart Sounds Off on 'Playing the Race Card in Hollywood': 'I Don't Feed Into That

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
kevin-hart-a-435.jpg

Winning Oscars and promoting big blockbuster movies shouldn't have anything to do with the color of your skin, according to Kevin Hart.

At a press conference for the movie The Secret Life of Pets on Thursday, Hart told reporters "people will look for any excuse to play the race card in Hollywood."

"I think in this day and age – look – it is what it is," Hart says. "You want it to be more diversified, you want to see more diversity, but a lot of people make attention and draw attention by talking about it whereas if you just work and progress, you eventually put yourself in a position to help the problem by bringing more people into the business."

The award-winning comedian also addressed the issue at this year's Oscars and during the ceremony congratulated actors of color who weren't nominated for all their "hard work and effort."

He echoed his Oscar speech on Thursday, stating negative attention will only bring a negative response to the problem.

"I bust my ass and do what I'm supposed to and I've been promoting movies internationally now for the past four years," Hart says. "They say movies don't transfer with black actors internationally. I don't feed into that. I do what I do. If other people did the same thing, you will look up and see more multicultural films being perceived by so many more people."

The Secret Life of Pets is in theaters July 8.

Kevin Hart Sounds Off on 'Playing the Race Card in Hollywood': 'I Don't Feed Into That'

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I get it. He's worked his butt off. His talent and humor gotten him and his team on and winning. #blackexcellence

But black people of wealth and status have to realize and not be shy in expressing that mediocrity is prevalent in Hollywood by anglos but for a black person to get something he has to be exceptional for it to be justified. That's problematic. I know, I know. Make our own, etc. Only Tyler Perry has been able to do such but we need more. It took his own money, waiting on a pool of people to do it is going to take too long so for the people who have it, should take the risk. It's not their responsibility but a great man thinks outside of himself and for his people. Black people love them some Jesus but lack one of his greatest strengths. Selflessness.

Last edited:

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Being black and successful in America seems like the hardest thing in the world. White people hate you just for having the success and a higher platform in society and a lot of black people do too. Can't win so you just gotta do you. Salute KH.

Last edited: