Kiara Mia Ain't Walking Thru That Door.. Bye Jimmy! 2022 49ers Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Spending a kings ransom to draft a young qb high up and then refusing to let go of a mediocre qb who is holding salary cap hostage... :scust:

At some point Kyle will have to address and answer for this debacle :snoop:
That'll be next season.. We'll have the cap and it'll be Trey's make it or break it year.. That's when the seat gets hot

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
That'll be next season.. We'll have the cap and it'll be Trey's make it or break it year.. That's when the seat gets hot

Yeah but now here's the problem, you gotta pay both Deebo and Bosa. We could have paid one next year then paid the other next year. Also, we keep him another year then he's going to walk with nothing in return. That's why this whole thing was stupid. He needed to be gone before the draft. Kyle and Lynch are betting on the salary cap going way up next year and that's just not guaranteed.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
if Trey doesnt start this year, Kyle needs to answer NOW

a young QB on rookie pay is one of the most coveted things in the league

if Trey sits this year, it means Trey has only two years before he will be paid. This is just absurd breh. By that time they will have to let a lot of players leave because there wont be enough $ to go around

Not to mention that free cap rolls over to next year. There is zero reason to keep Jimmy as a 27 million backup qb if Trey does start

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah but now here's the problem, you gotta pay both Deebo and Bosa. We could have paid one next year then paid the other next year. Also, we keep him another year then he's going to walk with nothing in return. That's why this whole thing was stupid. He needed to be gone before the draft. Kyle and Lynch are betting on the salary cap going way up next year and that's just not guaranteed.
Exactly

They goofed

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

if Trey sits this year, it means Trey has only two years before he will be paid. This is just absurd breh. By that time they will have to let a lot of players leave because there wont be enough $ to go around

Not to mention that free cap rolls over to next year. There is zero reason to keep Jimmy as a 27 million backup qb if Trey does start
We made Jimmy the highest paid QB after 6 games (5 starts) :hubie:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin

No that's not what I'm saying. Trey WILL start this year. Jimmy ain't getting traded because he's injured. So unless he somehow shows he can throw by week 8, he's going to be the backup here. If they can't trade a healthy Baker, they damn sure ain't gonna get anything for Jimmy. Might as well keep a great backup seeing how FA is over.

Next year if Trey does meh, Jimmy will still be gone, we'll have cap, and both Trey and Shanny will be on the hot seat to perform. Year 2 of starting, Year 6 or so for Shanny, cap space, draft picks back... That'll be the year he's gotta be back in the bowl

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
No that's not what I'm saying. Trey WILL start this year. Jimmy ain't getting traded because he's injured. So unless he somehow shows he can throw by week 8, he's going to be the backup here. If they can't trade a healthy Baker, they damn sure ain't gonna get anything for Jimmy. Might as well keep a great backup seeing how FA is over.

Next year if Trey does meh, Jimmy will still be gone, we'll have cap, and both Trey and Shanny will be on the hot seat to perform. Year 2 of starting, Year 6 or so for Shanny, cap space, draft picks back... That'll be the year he's gotta be back in the bowl
They barely have money to sign all the draft picks at this point. Sure, if/when dee ford retires that will free up money but they also need to extend Deebo/Bosa.

If theyre waiting for him to pass his physical and then cut him, I get it.
If theyre actually making him a backup and sacrificing players extension and cap space for a 27m backup qb whom the locker room likes...then such circus inexcusable

Someone said not too long ago that there's a reason McVay has a ring and Kyle doesnt. McVay figured he was done with Goff, he didnt sugarcoat it. Told dude deuces and got Stafford instead. That could've been us :manny: this coaching staff clings too much to familiar players instead of talent they themselves selected. Also quick to pull the plug after some mistakes.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
They barely have money to sign all the draft picks at this point. Sure, if/when dee ford retires that will free up money but they also need to extend Deebo/Bosa.

If theyre waiting for him to pass his physical and then cut him, I get it.
If theyre actually making him a backup and sacrificing players extension and cap space for a 27m backup qb whom the locker room likes...then such circus inexcusable

Someone said not too long ago that there's a reason McVay has a ring and Kyle doesnt. McVay figured he was done with Goff, he didnt sugarcoat it. Told dude deuces and got Stafford instead. That could've been us :manny: this coaching staff clings too much to familiar players instead of talent they themselves selected. Also quick to pull the plug after some mistakes.
I'll give you that because I never was all in on Jimmy. And we could have had (rumored) Tom fukking Brady and a host of other QB's out there. From draft picks to already proven players, we could have a had a lot if we gave up on Jimmy a long time ago. I just know the NFL usually gives a coach a rookie year with a QB, then it's time to show up. Kyle is basically getting a restart because they overachieved last season and Trey starts now. Once Jimmy is gone, either way, the new era is officially stamped and he's on the hot seat.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

I need Gold Gang to come out to protect and show love for Trey like y’all say I show love and protection for Jimmy

Or y’all attempts was all for nothing :usure:

Ehh nothing to defend. I don't believe it and I bet Lombardo doesn't believe it either. He hasn't even gone through training camp. I've seen other reports saying they're pleased with his development and he's shown reworked mechanics and looks even better. I won't believe anything until training camp starts. Dude has only played a handful of games in 3 years, no way was he going to play last year and they'd be stupid to put out anything that would hinder his progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.