Kobe and AI Never Shot Close to 50percent FG% Once In Their Career

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
I dont give a fukk if they wwre shooting below 50%. No one in their damn right minds wouldnt take AI or Kobe on their team. Nerd shyt
I will ignore the ad hominem and insults, you start attacking someone personally when you cant maturely refute their points in a civilized manner, every athlete in this sports section game is critic and scrutinized to the tee and some even their sons, if that's the standard it must be held across the boards.
On to your response, The same arguement can be made for players like curry and lebron and harden no one in their right minds wouldnt want a player of such caliber in their prime on their team the issue is why was kobe and AI so inefficient, even if you take the fans narrative that the 2000s era was one of tough defense and low scoring, AI played until the end of the 2011 season and kobe was still first team all nba caliber player till 2012 season , this is the so called era were fans claims rules are lax and defense was a reduced factor due to rule changes, so why was AI and kobe still inefficient and ''chuckers''as they say? Their l ack of efficiency and poor shot selection should be scrutinized just like every other atheltes game play is in basketball

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I will ignore the ad hominem and insults, you start attacking someone personally when you cant maturely refute their points in a civilized manner, every athlete in this sports section game is critic and scrutinized to the tee and some even their sons, if that's the standard it must be held across the boards.
On to your response, The same arguement can be made for players like curry and lebron and harden no one in their right minds wouldnt want a player of such caliber in their prime on their team the issue is why was kobe and AI so inefficient, even if you take the fans narrative that the 2000s era was one of tough defense and low scoring, AI played until the end of the 2011 season and kobe was still first team all nba caliber player till 2012 season , this is the so called era were fans claims rules are lax and defense was a reduced factor due to rule changes, so why was AI and kobe still inefficient and ''chuckers''as they say? Their l ack of efficiency and poor shot selection should be scrutinized just like every other atheltes game play is in basketball
Stfu u broke bum

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Why every Bron Stan got some weirdo shyt going on? I'm really starting to think most of them are on the spectrum, the disconnect between their online and real life "personas" is :gucci:
I have barely ever been on dates, 1. i cant afford it 2. I have no such relations with the opposite sex

:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody cared because Kobe & AI were maybe the two most spectacular players in the league back then.Notice I don't say best or greatest.Spectacular.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Nobody cared because Kobe & AI were maybe the two most spectacular players in the league back then.Notice I don't say best or greatest.Spectacular.
I disagree you can find numerous blogs and forums in the 2000s complaining about their inefficiency, its not a new critic to be fair. That 04 series really expose a guy like kobe inefficiency and was a huge part why pistons won the championship he avg 22.6 points on 22.6 field goal attempts , he was 17% from 3s in the series (4-23) , he shot 38% from the field (43-113) thats inefficient and poor by any standards

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why every Bron Stan got some weirdo shyt going on? I'm really starting to think most of them are on the spectrum, the disconnect between their online and real life "personas" is :gucci:
@Rhakim changed his name to @Professor Emeritus because he got exposed so much and he thought we wouldn’t notice :francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree you can find numerous blogs and forums in the 2000s complaining about their inefficiency, its not a new critic to be fair. That 04 series really expose a guy like kobe inefficiency and was a huge part why pistons won the championship he avg 22.6 points on 22.6 field goal attempts , he was 17% from 3s in the series (4-23) , he shot 38% from the field (43-113) thats inefficient and poor by any standards
Might not have hit most of their shots, but the moves they made were spectacular.Had me at the edge of my seat:troll:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@Rhakim changed his name to @Professor Emeritus because he got exposed so much and he thought we wouldn’t notice :francis:

Why do you guys make up these wild ducktales? All they show is that I stay on your mind. I wasn't even in this thread yet I'm on your lips.

I changed my name back in November of last year when we weren't even hardly talking basketball like that. Look up what "Professor Emeritus" means.

Some of y'all are literally non-entities on this forum, so you hope you'll get the attention you're seeking by trying to attach yourselves to the people who actually get noticed.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Why do you guys make up these wild ducktales? All they show is that I stay on your mind. I wasn't even in this thread yet I'm on your lips.

I changed my name back in November of last year when we weren't even hardly talking basketball like that. Look up what "Professor Emeritus" means.

Some of y'all are literally non-entities on this forum, so you hope you'll get the attention you're seeking by trying to attach yourselves to the people who actually get noticed.
Ignore the trolls the more they speak and talk they reveal their selves to be imbeciles ,when they cant refute points they resort to ad hominems and insults on people character.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Nowitzki was averaging over 50 percent in the so called fabled era with jumpshots and 3s as a big man, yet was never efficient, again i ask why wasnt kobe and AI shooting like that? Okay lets go to 2012/13 season when kobe made his last first team all nba selection and was still recognized as a top 10 player in the league, why didnt he shoot over 50 percent then if that era was no defense? It literally doesnt make sense, that lakers team were above .500 and were in the playoffs. Why was he still not efficient?

Your understanding is that of a casual

But let's break down the context

What is Ray Allen's career fg%? Is he a top 3 to 5 shooter ever?

What is the avg distance of his (Kobe) fg attempt?

Was he initiating his own shot or was someone setting the table for him?

I'm gonna leave you with this...if Kobe attempted as many shots around the basket as Bron, his career fg% would be 50%

If a guy takes 60% of shots under 3 ft...he'll have a higher fg%

If a guy takes 60% of shots outside of 3 ft, he won't have a fg% as high as the guy listed above

Shot distribution by distance has a direct correlation with high, med & low FG%

Kobe was a 45% shooter and was a threat from every spot on the court...him being a threat is more impactful than a simple make or miss

Kobe, AI, Vince, Max, Ray, etc...all shot under 50% in an era where 6'10 PFs & 7'0 Cs protected the basket and the league as a whole prioritized perimeter def

45% for a SG is perfectly fine, even today

That's only some of the context but I digress

Last edited: