Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
yeah last week was a day i'll never forget brehs

had just got back from church and was looking at my phone real quick before taking a nap when i saw the news, came in here and saw this thread and was shocked

needless to say i didn't end up taking the nap, whole day was rocked after that

Crazy breh, I just came back home from bringing my 8 year old to taekwondo, and decided to take a nap.

Woke up from my nap to a bunch of texts and calls from no less than 40 people.

And before I unlocked my phone, I saw texts and calls from people that NEVER text or call me, so off jump I IMMEDIATELY knew it was death-related. Only thing was, I thought someone I personally knew died.

When I unlocked my phone and saw all the "Kobe died" texts, I jumped out of bed, put on CNN. And as I was turning on my desktop to log on to the Coli, the tears started to flow down my face.

Daps
What Bron said about Kobe lookin the happiest he’s ever seen him these last 3 years hit me hard..enjoying his daughters and work as a writer and then this bullshyt happens

man, I’m about to be sad again..life is really unpredictable

Pac’s death affected me greatly too..but he was wildin and you expected him to go soon

Kobe is the worst celeb/athlete death ever by far

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Kobe just got to where he could enjoy life with his family after sacrificing for 20 years in order to reach the status he did. At least he did get to spend quality time with his daughters and wife and seemed to be at peace of mind and content in retirement. Still does not take away from him not being here and us getting to see him fully get involved in the NBA again even if it was only on TNT or Espn as a commentator. Over a week later and i still say that this shyt fukking sucks and the sports world in general does not feel right without Kobe being in it.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Eaves: The 2008 Finals, Boston game six, and [the Lakers] got absolutely housed in a game. Boston just blew them out from the jump and it was not even close. And so after everything was done, ended up back at the team hotel there in Boston and Kobe and some of the guys were hanging out in the bar. A lot of people around the team were there and the bar was closed because it’s after 2 a.m., but they had set up Kobe and the guys with some drinks. It’s kinda somber because people are like “Damn, we just lost. We got blown out.” And Kobe’s sitting there.

I walk up and he goes, “Hey man, take some of this beer, I can’t drink all of this by myself.”

So I took a beer and I said, “How you doing man? You good?” And I thought he was going to be kinda mad and down.

He was upbeat like, “Oh man, I’m good. We gonna bust their ass next year.”

And that was like, that just kinda stood out to me … He just saw it as a stepping stone to getting back to winning those championships.

:wow:

Daps
The homie gone for real. :bryan:

Probably looking down like :childplease: at all of us being soft.

Yep. Kobe would have looked death right in the eye and grabbed it head on

One of my OGs passed a few years back and I'm in the hospital room with him while he was still conscious, tears started coming down my eyes

He looked at me like :dahell::childplease: and said "soldiers dont cry"

:pachaha: I can see Kobe doing that too

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
The homie gone for real. :bryan:

Probably looking down like :childplease: at all of us being soft.
giphy.gif

Curtis Nightfish

▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
What Bron said about Kobe lookin the happiest he’s ever seen him these last 3 years hit me hard..enjoying his daughters and work as a writer and then this bullshyt happens

man, I’m about to be sad again..life is really unpredictable

Pac’s death affected me greatly too..but he was wildin and you expected him to go soon

Kobe is the worst celeb/athlete death ever by far

I ain’t going to derail the thread here because I’m one of millions who grew up watching Kobe (especially living here in Southern California) but Tupac died at 25 fukking years old.

Think about that. That man had conquered the world, did all he did, and left this earth at 25.

Once more - RIP both GOATs

images

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I ain’t going to derail the thread here because I’m one of millions who grew up watching Kobe (especially living here in Southern California) but Tupac died at 25 fukking years old.

Think about that. That man had conquered the world, did all he did, and left this earth at 25.

:snoop:
I'm turning 40 this year

Pac's death affected me for at least 10-15 years. The early 2000s i was just :mjcry: whenever I would think of where he would be

We're so far now so it don't hit as hard. But back then dog...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Once more - RIP both GOATs

images

Malcolm x and mlk jr died at 39
It’s crazy when you think of it

I