Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Still don’t feel right, and it never will, a day before my dad’s bday and exactly 8 months before my own. I was looking forward to Kobe becoming even greater outside of basketball.

All we can do is let his life and the way he lived it inspire us to our greatest heights. Rest well Kobe and Gigi, thank you for everything.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
This shyt hits extra different for me now man. 4 years ago, I was still working at Dominos and wrapping up ad school, 2 months away from landing my first job in the industry. I found out at work and that shyt hit me like a freight train. When I got home, the first person I see is my father. He was shaken up and gave me a hug, joked that he couldn't believe he actually cried when he found out. :mjlol:

And then just one day short of exactly 4 years later, I get the news that my father passed away :mjcry:

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
This shyt hits extra different for me now man. 4 years ago, I was still working at Dominos and wrapping up ad school, 2 months away from landing my first job in the industry. I found out at work and that shyt hit me like a freight train. When I got home, the first person I see is my father. He was shaken up and gave me a hug, joked that he couldn't believe he actually cried when he found out. :mjlol:

And then just one day short of exactly 4 years later, I get the news that my father passed away :mjcry:
My condolences, wanted to say that in the TLR thread but was sidetracked with work

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
kobegigi_XL.jpg
4 years already. Gigi would’ve been what 17 or 18. RIP to all that died but man I still can’t believe it. My nephew is a Kobe fan and we’d get into those Jordan vs Bryant debates all the time being that we’re from Chicago. Kobe always had my respect as a player but after he retired I really appreciated the human being a lot more. Forget his impact as a player, he had a lot to still do as a father and that’s the saddest thing about all of this.