KPops GOT7 is the GOAT Dancing Group

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
This thread won't do numbers and will probably decay into page 5 within the next hour but Idgaf. These last few weeks, I have really dived into the world of K-Pop (Korean Pop) music. I am a lover of all music literally, but I had never really given Kpop a chance. That has changed and I have really found an appreciation for the art. Particularly, the group GOT7 has become my favorite listen. They do pop and R&B. The vocal ability of the lead singers are average. They have a good mixture of creative sounding songs and beats. However, what really got me about this group is their choreography.

I grew up watching pop bands like NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Jackson 5, New Edition, etc dance and thought they were amazing. Especially J5 and NE. But man these boys here are the BEST DANCING GROUP I've ever seen in my life. I'm in my early 30s. My wife and I have been watching tons of their live performances just for the complex dance routines and I asked her straight up tonight: "Is GOT7 the best dancing group you've ever seen?" Without hesitation, she said yes. We spent the next 10 minutes going through all the bands who danced because I felt bad saying some Korean boys are better dancers than my own people. But we couldn't think of any groups of the modern era.

None of our own groups ever really put THIS much emphasis on dancing. The Temptations focused on classy smooth routines. Jacksons were energetic and creative but nothing overly complex. Same with New Edition. NSYNC and Backstreet Boys had the excitement and energy but nothing you couldn't learn in 25 minutes and turn into a workout routine. After those, no other groups come to mind. B2K? Energy and creativity but again, nothing complex. Destinys Child? Not quite.

The shyt I've seen these guys do really blew my mind. And the fact that there is 7 of these mfs. The more you have, the higher chance you have at fukking up the routine. Not these guys. Its difficult to identify a weak link in the group. The Tempts, Eddie Kendricks was the the weakest dancer. Jacksons, Tito. New Edition, Bivens. Destinys Child, Michelle. There is always one who is a step behind. But these boys are amazingly so in tune with this shyt. Very diverse. Charismatic. Synchronized. Energetic. Smooth. They check all the boxes. I'll post up 4 of my fav routines by them. Watch these and tell me I'm wrong.