Lack of Black Male Mentorship

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Starting to notice a lack of Black Male Mentorship in corporate America. I'm at a point where business world is teaching me harsh lessons even at 35 . I have reached out to some high ranking black male I can find l .Simply put you ring the door bell they will talk to you thru the screen door but they don't or won't let you come into the house .I don't know if it's intimidation because of credentials,education but OLDER black men seem hesistant when it comes to giving advice to younger black male professionals.Are these older civil rights cats jealous?If they paved the way mentorship should be easy.Sad if whites wanna help more then the blacks in corporate :francis:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Starting to notice a lack of Black Male Mentorship in corporate America. I'm at a point where business world is teaching me harsh lessons even at 35 . I have reached out to some high ranking black male I can find l .Simply put you ring the door bell they will talk to you thru the screen door but they don't or won't let you come into the house .I don't know if it's intimidation because of credentials,education but OLDER black men seem hesistant when it comes to giving advice to younger black male professionals.Are these older civil rights cats jealous?If they paved the way mentorship should be easy.Sad if whites wanna help more then the blacks in corporate :francis:

Unfortunately, they understand that the corporate game doesn't allow them to be generous. Once they train you up, their boss will replace them with you. And they have no say about it. That's why they not fukking with you. It's not jealously. It's what they feel is survival.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Unfortunately, they understand that the corporate game doesn't allow them to be generous. Once they train you up, their boss will replace them with you. And they have no say about it. That's why they not fukking with you. It's not jealously. It's what they feel is survival.
But crazy thing is I have reached out to ones in different industries.Are they that afraid?Funny thing is the whites wanna help me kid u not but I can't just can't some of their advice hard to relate but these older black male cats in business are something else .You are literally by ya self out here it's truly lonely for real for real

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
But crazy thing is I have reached out to ones in different industries.Are they that afraid?Funny thing is the whites wanna help me kid u not but I can't just can't some of their advice hard to relate but these older black male cats in business are something else .You are literally by ya self out here it's truly lonely for real for real

Those white people aren't threatened by you. They not gonna lose their jobs if they help you. In fact, they may get a promotion if you do well and management finds out they're the one that helped you.

Last edited:

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
I'm leary about mentoring within my company. Your fukk ups become my
problem, fukk that :hubie:

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Those white people aren't threatened by you. They not gonna lose their jobs if they help you. In fact, they may get a promotion if you do well and management finds out you're the one that helped them.
That's the thing but once you take advice from them you start thinking you can get away with stuff they do. Plus they start taking credit for thing you do. Plus how is Becky or Chad gonna understand MY issues :francis:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Respect that but I'm talking OUTSIDE company crazy thing is dude wanted to mentor me and in end didn't even wanna hire me
So what are you looking for in a mentor? That may explain why you are getting the responses you are. Have you thought that maybe you need to change how your approach? I haven't run into the issue you are mentioning but that's because I was lucky to meet a few people early in my career that I still keep in touch with. I don't know what field you're in and if you do any traveling to conferences or trainings but I have found that's a great way to find not just people to add to your network but also mentors. I'm sure if you search your area you will find various meet and greets for professionals in your field.

.r.

Veteran
Daps
So where are these Indians CEO getting there mentoring from?

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
So where are these Indians CEO getting there mentoring from?
most of them are probably tech employees who excelled at something objectively valuable to the company and promotion was a way to keep them within the company. i cant think of many indians who are leading in sales or creative focused business.

.r.

Veteran
Daps
most of them are probably tech employees who excelled at something objectively valuable to the company and promotion was a way to keep them within the company. i cant think of many indians who are leading in sales or creative focused business.

Your right, most of those dudes have some engineering degree, the only outlier is Ajaypal Singh Banga. He has a Art degree from Hyderabad U.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Silly post

"Sad if whites wanna help more than the Blacks" cements that this is not a serious thread, That, and the typos.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Silly post

"Sad if whites wanna help more than the Blacks" cements that this is not a serious thread, That, and the typos.
Man I don't give a damn what I spoke is truth .I worked in corporate America and you must be ignorant to think there are blacks who don't wanna help.Majority of workforce is whites but you wouldn't know that working Mickey D's :camby:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Man I don't give a damn what I spoke is truth .
I worked in corporate America and you must be ignorant to think there are blacks who don't wanna help.

Majority of workforce is whites but you wouldn't know that working Mickey D's :camby:

Wait, what?
I must be ignorant to think that there are Blacks who don't want to help?

Get your thoughts clear before you post. In the rush to respond, the last post ends up contradicting your first one.

You're making it up as you go along. Cut your losses.