Lamelo Ball will be the best PG in the league by 2024

Discussion in 'The Coliseum' started by Stringer Cochran, Nov 9, 2020.

1. ISO

ISO Pass me the rock nikka

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    BX, NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I’m not saying he shot 33%, it was a hypothetical number.

He shot 34% from 3 at Spire on 205 attempts.

In the NBL he shots 25% but it was a small sample size.

The % is not as important because he’s a streaky shooter, which means he scores in bunches, he runs hot and cold. What is important is his unpredictability and floor spacing. He’s not gonna be Ben Simmons or young Rondo giving 10 feet of space to shoot.

Doncic is a career 32% 3PT on 8 attempts. His C&S %’s was horrible last season he was more effective off the step back. Nobody talks about Doncic %, the step back is unpredictable and it opens up his slashing and passing, it spaces the floor and makes life easier for teammates.

Also, unlike Doncic, LaMelo has good catch and shoot numbers.

2. WMG the 2nd

WMG the 2nd Superstar Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $1005099.00

Wasn’t spire three years ago?
    So he’s getting worst by that logic shooting wise. Also luka and lamelo shouldn’t even be in the same sentence at all.

3. 42 Monks

42 Monks Veteran Hall of Fame Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Carolina
    Coli Cash:
    $300500.00

what did I ever do to you :hhh:

and at least I can fall back on UNC hoops. Some of yal only know suffering and Jordan VHS tapes

4. ISO

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    BX, NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

It was in 2018, it’s the biggest sample size we have.

NBL was only 12 games :mjlol:

He’s 19 his shot selection and shooting mechanics won’t be the same forever :mjlol:

His shot creation abilities, range, and confidence are the positives. He’s a threat to take and make those shots.

Actually read what the scouts saying...

5. Marc Spector

Marc Spector Bet yall didnt know i had a fake arm, i lost it,

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Milky Way
    Coli Cash:
    $250500.00

You know damn well its the worst kept secret that Euros are more fundamentally sound as they play against grown men and for their national teams at a younger age

6. WMG the 2nd

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $1005099.00

He will not blow by you with blinding speed, but his basketball IQ is so high he can maneuver around defenders using his wonderful sleight of hand, deft changes in speed and long and fluid strides. A wonderful athlete he can crash the boards great from the guard spot. With his great vertical leap and long arms, he will snatch rebounds out of midair only to glide up the court, flowing through defenders to eventually lay the ball into the hands of a teammate for an easy bucket after he’s looked off the any defenders. He still needs the aforementioned added size to his slender frame, which is expected to come with time. His outside jump shot is erratic at times and sometimes he is too unselfish to a fault.

Sounds a lot like the guy you keep hyping up and his volume of shots far exceeds the amount liv snd others that ilk had or chose to take. I don’t think you can just stop being a chucker unless he went to a team where it’s clear he isn’t allowed to show 20 shots a game and 7 threes with maybe 5 being bad shots for his percentage and form.

7. Marc Spector

Marc Spector Bet yall didnt know i had a fake arm, i lost it,

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Milky Way
    Coli Cash:
    $250500.00

Breh i fukks with Bron heavy but he does have weaknesses and thats one of them. Dont get me wrong, he's a goat level player so he can often generate in spite of his weakness, but his struggle when you cut him off in the paint is more apparent as he gets older.

And I'm not just naming those guys for my health, Lamelo is closer to the non shooting Tall PG skill set than not.

8. ISO

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    BX, NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Yeah, except I never argued LaMelo was a great athlete. I’m addressing the revisionist history of Liv being this great athlete prior to injury because that’s the narrative. Liv’s knees robbed him of his athleticism which prevented him from reaching his potential. Nope, that injury occurred year 3 and he was never that athletic. U would think LaMelo was Kyle Anderson with the way he is described on here.

Liv could never take the shots LaMelo take. He wasn’t on that level as a shot creator.

god shamgod dapped this.
  9. WMG the 2nd

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $1005099.00

Liv wasn’t catered to at every level in his short career
    Lamelo literally has had a coalition trying to give him glorified aau showcases every where he went and when competition got better he got lesser
    His one consistent attribute is his passing but his shooting easily is his weakness. If Ricky Rubio had young JR Smith shot selection, would you take him number one in the draft?

Gizza Mayne and Regular_P dapped this.
  10. ISO

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    BX, NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Ricky Rubio would be a much better player if he had LaMelo’s shot creation ability and his guts.

U only look at %’s which is why you can’t see the value in gravity and how it opens up the floor.

Y’all be the same nikkas that want Ben Simmons to shoot.

What J.R. and LaMelo do is not something you can just assign to players that’s not Ricky game never has been

11. WMG the 2nd

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $1005099.00

I don’t want Ben Simmons to be a shooter
    But I do want Ben Simmons to shoot at least once or twice
    Ben Simmons should be trying to be a better Draymond or blake Griffin as a point forward.

lamelo takes a few more shots than his form and stats show. His defense is awful but maybe that’s just effort. His passing is very good. To me, I don’t see him as a better point guard than any of the top tier guards drafted before him. He wouldn’t be a top 20 point guard his first year in the league which is what I’d want for a number one pick. He isn’t as athletic or dynamic as young John wall who also wasn’t much of a shooter but was a better passer than lamelo was at the same age coming to the nba.

MAGARussiaLGBT Crunch dapped this.
  12. phillycavsfan

phillycavsfan WAHOOWA Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Philadelphia
    Coli Cash:
    $380125.00

Will Luka still be playing then? Because if he is there's no shot.

Deflatedhoopdreams and WMG the 2nd dapped this.
  13. Trot LaRoc

Trot LaRoc Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Chi/LA
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Can he get to the rim and finish in the NBA?:patrice:

If he doesnt develop a dependable shot, won't defenders just sag off him and cut off passing lanes?:jbhmm:

If he was a crazy athlete like John Wall or :youngsabo:, his lack of shooting wouldn't be so problematic

14. WMG the 2nd

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $1005099.00

I think off the pick and roll he will be solid
    But unless he’s being guarded by below average defenders or athletes i don’t see him dominating as a 6’7 point guard without quickness.

Trot LaRoc dapped this.
  15. ISO

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    BX, NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

This is a myth he’s not Trae Young. :mjlol: